4.

WEEKS LATER.

Weeks passed, but Chen and Eseosa never stopped texting or calling each other. Work was making them unable to see each other again, but restless nights made up for it as they texted and called about anything. 

The more she met up with Chen, the clearer and understanding her visions became. Although, there were times where she was confused with her Identity. She knew she was supposed to be Nevaeh but in a new body, with a new mind. 

Her name was still Eseosa. And Chen fell in love with Eseosa, not Nevaeh. 

Eseosa was surprised when she spotted Chen playing toys with her daughter. She had just came back from Work, exhaustion filled her body but when she saw Chen, it disappeared as if it were never there in the beginning. Chen waved at her, and got back to playing with Amaka. 

He was being so kind to her daughter that.. Eseosa didn't have to wonder about whether he'd make a great Father. 

Soon, Chen patted Amaka's head, and stood up. His hands were in his pockets as he gazed at Eseosa, "..Are you ready? Amaka already wore her shoes." Chen was meeting up with his parents, and decided to bring Eseosa to prove to them that she wasn't just in his imagination. 

That wasn't the only reason though. He wanted for her to meet his Parents, and Amaka, well, let's just say that he had grown used to her. fond of her. But Chen didn't want the little girl to be alone. 

When Eseosa nodded, Chen picked Amaka up, who wrapped her little arms around his shoulders. Slowly, they walked to Chen's car that was parked in front of her home. Eseosa paused when her ex, that leaned against the Wall to her home, grabbed her arm and turned her around.

She scoffed, and rolled her eyes. It was time for her to tell him to quit stalking her!! She was really this CLOSE to filing a restraining Order against him. 

"Chinedu, please, wetin you want?" (This language is called pidgin English. It's an english that some Africans speak.) (What do you want?)

Chinedu glares at Chen and mutters something lowly. Chen tightens his grip around Amaka, making the girl wince. He suddenly stands right in front of Eseosa, holding his hands out, he instructs her to hold Amaka, and go wait in the Car. Eseosa obeys him, and hurriedly walks over to the car, stealing glance at Chinedu.

Chen clenches both his fists and jaw. "Allow me to be blunt. You will stop meeting up with my Wife. You won't wait outside of her house, and you'll forget about her completely, understand?"

Chinedu guffaws, "You seriously think, that I would listen to the likes of you?"

Chen deadpans. He smirks. "Fine, have it your way then." He pulls out his phone, and dials a friend's number.

Chen grins at Chinedu's face. "Hey, I need you to take care of someone for me. Involve the police, but of course, don't let them know what we're planning to do."

He simply walked away, ignoring Chinedu's insanely inaccurate assumptions about what he had done, and about what type of hooligans his people were. Chen couldn't care less though, as long as he was taken care of,

Everything would be alright.

DOORSTEP

"What did you say earlier?" Chen mischeviously looked away. "Nothing too serious. Although, you being my wife does sound serious.."

Eseosa's heart skips a beat, her stomach grumbles and she can feel herself getting hot. "..Wife? You told him we're married?"

Chen sullenly and awkwardly looks away, "..Sorry, I shouldn't have—"

Eseosa chuckled, Chen's eyes widened, he observed Eseosa's face in hopes of detecting what was funny. "No, It doesn't bother me,"

Chen blushed at what she said next. "It would be a dream to be your Wife. I know we don't know each other for long, but I feel like we've known each other for a while."

Chen holds her hand, gently rubbing his thumb against her hand. "That's because we do. And you know, it would be my pleasure to make your dreams come true."

The door opens, Chen's mother beams at the sight of her son, she flings her arms around his shoulders and jumps slightly but happily. "Zhàngfū! Come come!" (Husband, spouse, Partner.)

Chen's father ran towards them, they both hugged Chen for a few minutes while Eseosa felt awkward just Standing there. She busied herself by placing soft kisses on Amaka's cheeks. The little girl looked at her mom in  awe, before whispering. "Mommy, you are so pretty."

Eseosa lit up, and she hugged her daughter tightly. "Thank you.. Mommy knows you're prettier. The cutest girl alive." Amaka laughs silently, her face is buried on Eseosa's neck so her laugh is muffled. Chen pats Eseosa's lower back, prompting her to step foot in his Parents' home.

COMPLICATED

Amaka was nibbling on her cookies, crumbs stained her lower face. Eseosa tends to her daughter instead of paying attention, she wipes the crumbs off.

Miss Xiao argues with Chen about Eseosa, she suspects, in their own Langauge. Her face is stern and his father looks troubled. He glances at Eseosa but then averts his stare towards her child. A soft smile evident on his face, he looks away and focuses on calming his wife down.

Miss Xiao got up and left the room and Eseosa could already what made her so troubled. Or maybe it was what racism had done to her as a child, that now she suspects the stares, the gossips, are all about her skin.

And sometimes she's wrong, sometimes she's right. It's stupid to assume things, but it was understandable, and it was all because of the racism she and others have experienced. It was because of that, that Eseosa judged people or assumed things.

Chen spun his Mother around by grabbing her wrist, but he immediately let go of her wrist and sent her an apologetic look 'I'm sorry, I'll never do that again, don't hit me.'

She took a deep breath. "Chen, she's.. She seems like a kind Woman, but.."

Chen raised his voice, he got more agitated as time went by. "What? So you say you're not racist, but proceed to prove my point. So because she's African, I can't marry her? Why's that?"

Miss Xiao struggles to find the words that could make her seem reasonable. "She's a single mom! Why would you want to spend your time with a Woman like that? Someone who can't even keep a Man. And, Look at her s-skin. She looks di-"

"Dirty?" Chen is fuming with rage.

For the first time in his life,

he despises his Mother.