Chapter 8

"I'm still waiting for your explanation

"I'm still waiting for your explanation."

Sitara tapped her foot on the ground as she waited for Ruhanika to justify her irrational and perilous conduct of jumping from one balcony to the next. Sitara's eyes were filled with panic, and her lips screamed whatever came to her at the time.

To say she was terrified would be an understatement. Instead, she was utterly afraid because she was aware of Ruhanika's fear of heights.

"What gave you the idea to do such a risky thing, Miss Ruhanika Verma? I'm eager to hear all the ridiculous justifications you have already developed in your head. c'mon."

Sitara responded mockingly, slamming her feet harder on the floor, making Ruhanika flinch at her gesture. Muskan, who was sitting in silence in the corner, lifted her hand and said, "I need to interrupt here." She got to her feet and prowled towards them.

"She is no longer Verma. She is currently Ruhanika Yug Shrivastava." Muskan stated with a triumphant smile, pulling her invisible collar, while Ruhanika frowned. aree Muskan tum apni maut ko kyu dawat de rahi ho.
(why are you inviting your own death.)

Sitara scowled at her. "Don't take the name of your panauti brother," she roared at Muskan as her face fell into a grimace. "All of this would not have happened if it hadn't been for him, and I wouldn't have had to be angry with my Di for so long. I despise him. Go away."
(ill-fortune)

And that all took Sitara to flung herself in Ruhanika's arm who embraced as if she had been scattered into fragments. Ruhanika's hug was the best. It was always cozy and full of affection. It was comfortable and secure.

At the door, Dev grinned as he observed the sisters. Upon spotting him, Muskan approached him and said, "I never knew you could act so well bhai."

Muskan questioned while resting her left elbow on his shoulder and bent slightly in his direction. Dev put his hand on her shoulder and shrugged before dragging her out of his room and leaving the sisters alone to talk it out.

***

"Are you prepared to make an apology?" Ruhanika enquired while seated on the ground of the balcony.

As she glanced at Ruhanika, Sitara relaxed her legs, leaned back, and supported her upper torso with her hands.

"I will, but from this point forward, she won't say that kind of crap again." Ruhanika groaned. They had not moved from their starting point.

"But Tara, she's older than us."

"Well, Di! Elder or not, she shouldn't have said those bitter words to you." Sitara spoke aggressively while approvingly crossing one arm over the other.

"I understand your point of view, but she was just being concerned about nephews who married girls they had never met or heard of." Sitara still hadn't turned to face her.