Chapter 37

flashback

When her brother confessed the truth, for her and Sitara, it was excruciating. The guy they had trusted and hoped would protect them from the insanity of the world was already collecting his belongings and preparing to fly across the sea, leaving the country and them behind.

It had shattered her. In this strange world, a helping hand reached out to them. The Srivastava's.

When she returned after acquiring the vintage jewels her parents had left behind for her and Sitara. She heard a loud shattering sound. The noise originated from the room adjacent to the study.

Disregarding it, she walked ahead. She heard a man yell and holler, and her movements abruptly stopped.

"Bhai, Papa had gone insane with vengeance. I'm not sure what animosity he had with the Vermas, but things are getting out of control and circumstances are becoming uncontrollable at this point. He dragged us along with his insane desire."

With the door ajar, Ruhanika pivoted and took a quick look inside. She noticed two young men. They both had beards and were tall, with a good height. However, one appeared composed, while the other appeared disturbed. The person with long hair seems agitated. With a roar, he hurled everything onto the floor as he strode over to the little table.

"You know, bhai, Papa made a deal with me. He will grant me the land SHE had always wanted if I married one of the Verma daughters. I've been looking for that property for a very long time, but all the while he was carefully and covertly hiding it down his sleeves, watching me suffer like a pathetic animal. It's the reason I hate him so much. He lacks the basic emotion called empathy." With a sigh, the other man rubbed his head and moved in the direction of the man with the long hair.

"Yug listen, bhai. Although I'm aware of the circumstances surrounding the marriage, I would advise you to take a deep breath, cool down, and give it some thought. The girl you will marry is basically in the same situation as you."

"So think with a cool mind and I think you should at least give one thought about giving a chance to the newly formed relationship in the next few minutes." The short-haired man tried to persuade the long-haired man, but he was too busy singing another tune.

"No way, Bhai. For me, it's simply a transaction. I'll file for divorce from her within a year of receiving my land. Because my heart and home are already occupied by someone else. No room for additional people. And this girl I am marrying against my will, Ha Never."

When Ruhanika heard that, she squeezed the jewelry case even more tightly. Sitara was still a baby to her and her support system, thus at this point, she made the decision to switch brides. After that Armaan d***head, her sister didn't deserve another idiot.

Moreover, she...she finds men creepy. That's why she resolved to never marry and live alone.

flashback ends