Chapter 41

Silence is comparable to the color black

Silence is comparable to the color black. It has relevance. Strong and deep. It does absolutely nothing yet explains everything.

Yet the dreary silence of Shrivastava's household oppressed everyone.

Aruna's perturbed gaze darted across the disoriented Shrivastava household. The relationship's warped strings came unhinged. This was the re-emergence of the awful truth that had been buried deep inside each of them.

Especially Yug. The agonizing suffering he had once endured was inevitably crawling its way back into his life again. He was seated on the floor of his cluttered room, shutting the door from the inside. He'd kicked everyone out of the room. Aside from his grief, dread, and the yearning for someone he was no longer with.

"Why did you leave me, Avni?" 

As he glanced at the shattered frame, his scratchy words slid out of his mouth.

On the first day of college, her gorgeous smile had grabbed his heart. Her witty remarks and unpretentious demeanor drew him in. He was insanely in love with her. 

She was exactly what he needed in his life. She was the only one who could brighten his lonely life with her bright existence, something he had always craved. When he got to know that she reciprocated his feeling he was over the moon.

And the day she approved his marriage proposal, he felt the luckiest guy in the whole world. He was overjoyed to have her all to himself and exclusively for his lonely existence.

However, the fact today stands in stark contrast to that, as he continues to live a lonely existence while she is still not beside him.

He took the shattered frame in his arms, close to his heart, holding it so fiercely that it tore his flesh and drew blood. 

A piercing hiss, however, never left his mouth.

Instead.

Tears of helplessness and vulnerability dropped down his bearded cheek and slowly a cascade of tears streamed down as he concealed his fragmented self in the fetal position, as he lay on the shards of broken glass. His imposing silhouette was all alone in the estranged room that succumbed to darkness. 

***

Aruna and Muskan were forced to stand in the plaintiff's box due to the oppressive stillness and Sitara's probing stares.

"I will the f***ing kill bastard for this." Sitara paces violently, her eyes widening with wrath.

"But before that, where is the 'great' Vinay Shrivastava?" Sitara scoffed. Was he not the one who miraculously appeared as a so-called angel to save their plunging grace? Her eyes paused on Aruna, who averted her glance.

Sitara wasn't the same upbeat, bubbly person she usually was today. She embodied her true personality. Tough and equanimous. Her soft, vivid eyes were spitting daggers at every Shrivastava she had encountered today.