Chapter 22

One month later

One month later.

Sitara was reading her law books while perched on the bed. It was already 10 pm at night. Her eyes were sneaking peeks toward Dev, who was hard at work on his laptop, working on a project.

And now she was admiring her husband who looked so great with those glasses on and had a tank top that she had discovered in his closet a few days earlier on his back. His veiny solid forearms were also in entire display for her eyes. Dev, who wasn't wearing it out of choice, resisted wearing it at first. She then made him wear it. He received that top as a present from Yug.

"Wipe your drool."

Unconsciously, she wiped the corner of her mouth as a voice rang in her ears. She immediately sat upright after realizing what had happened and looked around, but no one was there. Then what about those words? She contemplated.

"It was me." She was made fun of by her inner self.

Sitara accidentally smacked her forehead, but the noise of the slap was so loud that Dev noticed. Sitara approached him while grinning sheepishly.

"I am getting bored."

She complained like a petulant child. Dev found the scene to be so endearing that he immediately put down all of his work and stood up. Sitara gave him a radiant smile as soon as he took up his jacket. When Dev signaled for her to put on her shoes, she did so right away and ran happily.

Dev prompted her to make a decision as the two crept approaching the garage. Sitara selected his bullet bike with her sparkling gaze. Dev grinned because he knew his wife had been engaged by his bike. Shaking his head, he removed the bike from the garage after Sitara had unlocked the front door and locked it firmly.

Dev roared the engine while wearing his helmet. Sitara quickly climbed aboard and sped away from his neighborhood. This bike was a graduation present from his father because he had excelled in college. He recalls his father's happy expression when he handed him his diploma and the gold medal he was awarded in his major that very same day.

The expectations of his parents were always higher for Dev because he was the older child. Excellent grades and achievements in both sports and academics. He accomplished everything, and in doing so, he gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. However, one quality he lacked was the courage to engage in social interaction. Although being normal wasn't a big deal to the people he knew, being normal with strangers or those in positions of authority over or above him always made him uneasy.

When they arrived at an ice cream shop, he stopped. Sitara stood next to him as he stepped off the bike to buy her favorite pistachio nut ice cream, and he could see the joy in her eyes. They had already come here before. When Sitara was depressed or disturbed about something late at night, a pistachio nut ice cream and an hour-long ride on his bike were her solace. The moment he saw her smile, he was instantly delighted.