Chapter 42

ITS IMPORTANT!!!

Hey Guy!!!

Long time. Yeah, it is. I was busy, doing last-minute preps like any other typical student. So yeah that's why we couldn't be in touch for so long. One time I even tried to come back but I couldn't due to personal reasons. But you all guys were very patient with me and eagerly waited for the updates.

Dear readers, I have around 4k readers but the people who have followed me are only 5% of that population. Isn't it very saddening that here I am taking out my time from my busy schedule (as my boards are going on) I thought to give an update seeing so many update requests and this is what I get. It's very upsetting. I request my silent readers to please vote and comment. It actually gives motivation to write further. And those readers who have forgot to vote of any chapter then please go back and vote on those chapter.

And to my regular readers who were there for me always, Thank you so much to all of you.

HAPPY READING!!

Silence.

The Shrivastava's' residence is enveloped in an eerie silence. 

 Yug returned from the hospital with Dev. He spotted Aruna and Ram lined up on the house's pavilion, waiting for him. 

It was already late. The lights in the neighboring house were already turned off, and the street lights were brightly lit. 

 "Yug, my child." Weeping, Aruna practically ran to him. She had sobbed so much that her eyes were red. 

Ram advanced as well, offering Yug assistance from one flank. Ram was still waiting for them despite his weariness and gaunt appearance. 

Yug felt terrible, and an overwhelming sense of guilt filled his heart. Even though he had lost his beloved, he still had his family's support, but he had disregarded them because he was busy wallowing in sadness and agony.

"I am fine Chachi." With the assistance of Dev and Ram, Yug limped inside the home and spoke.

"Yes, Chachi. He's O.K. no worries." Dev gritted his teeth.

"It's simply that the left side of his face is bruised, and his eye is somewhat swollen. He has a bandage over his head and a cast on his right hand. His right foot was also a little sprained. Aside from that, he is perfectly FINE!!!!" Dev looked at Yug, mockingly.

Yug shut his mouth, not daring to look Dev in the eyes.

"Par ye sab..." Aruna asked, her hands clenching around her heart, her gaze sweeping over his face and physique. Yug was- no both boys were very important to her. She'd never seen them in this condition before. Her heart ached as she looked at Yug's injuries.
(How these...)

"Kuch nahi chachi. Bhai Sahab andha-dhoon gaadi chalate hai to aur kya hoga." Dev yet again spoke sarcastically glaring at Yug.
(Nothing Aunt. This guy drives blindly on the road. So what do you expect?)