008

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ social media , irl ]

ROBINGREY POSTED ON INSTAGRAM!

liked by nicolassturniolo, kaidair, willow

liked by nicolassturniolo, kaidair, willow.ellis, and 804,563 others.

robingrey just posting this to tell u guys the big news! i have a new boyfriend. his name is calvin.

tagged : ///

comments on this post were turned off

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chris showed matt bin's post. he didn't show matt because of what the caption said, but because of the tone it was written in.

bin might be matt's ex, but she was also chris's best friend for twelve years. he can understand her as well as she can understand herself — probably even better, to be honest.

as soon as chris read the caption, he knew something was wrong.

everyone knows bin has dates tons of guys. her love life is constantly talked about by her fans because there's almost always someone new each week. the thing is, bin just lets people figure it out. she never announces it like how she just did with calvin.

even though matt doesn't like to talk about bin, chris rushed to show matt the post because he knew matt would be able to decipher the meaning easily.

"so what do you think?" chris asks. "it's weird that she turned off the comments. also, she posted a picture of herself instead of one with both of them. also, she doesn't seem excited about the news at all. she sounds like she's being forced to say it." chris rambles. "and also did you notice that she-"

"why do you want me to explain this?" matt asks, tossing the phone to his brother. chris catches it easily, but he's confused by matt's question. "nick is the one who's been texting her nonstop since last night."

"wait what!?" chris shouts.

matt just nods in response, rolling over onto his side and going back to sleep. chris showed matt the post bright and early in the morning, so he woke up matt just to look at the caption – which means it's currently 8AM and matt's dying to shut his eyes.

or at least that's what chris thinks. truth is, matt only wants to go back to sleep so he can ignore this whole situation. so he can dream of a world where he and bin are together again.

bin has been dating people on and off for years, but matt hasn't. he can't look at a girl with any sort of romantic interest because his mind automatically wanders back to his first love. and it drives him insane.

honestly, her love life hasn't bothered him much until last night.

she moved away without any explanation. then she ghosted everyone. and then she started dating other guys, seeming to forget about matt completely. but then he saw nick texting her. which means she hasn't forgotten about them at all. she's just moved on.

but matt can't.

he's still stuck as that same boy he was when he was seventeen – who hid in his bedroom for months because his best friend disappeared. whereas robin is apparently living her dream life. she's famous, rich, beautiful, and always has someone new wrapped around her finger.

suddenly, matt hears a light knock on his door. it's been about half an hour since chris left matt alone, thinking he fell asleep. matt rolls over to look at who's bothering him. standing in the doorway is nick, a sympathetic expression on his face.

"matt," nick says softly, "can i come in?"

"sure." he agrees before rolling over, facing the wall again. he can hear nick walk over to his bed, his footsteps softly padding across the floors. then, matt feels his mattress dip under his brother when he sits down.

"chris said that you're upset with me." nick says, jumping right to the point. "because i've been texting bin again."

matt sighs before sitting up straight. "i'm not 'upset'. you can be friends with whoever you want, nick. i'm just really tired and not in the mood to talk about binny right now."

his room is dark because matt isn't the best at decorating. or adding lights. or opening windows. or doing anything else to make his room seem more lively. but despite the lack of light, nick can tell his brother is lying.

nick knows that matt does understand how nick and chris feel. he knows that they miss bin as much as him. but that doesn't mean he's not a bit let down by the fact that he wasn't her first choice to talk to.

"if it makes you feel better, she doesn't actually like calvin." nick says. "he's a dick and he's blackmailing her."

"i could tell by her caption." matt says.

"i know you could." nick says. "but sometimes it's nice to hear things aloud."

matt smiles.

even though his life feels like it's in shambles right now, matt's happy that he still has his brothers by his side. when everything else is falling apart, he can always count on them to make him feel better.

he's definitely counting on them to lift his mood tomorrow – which is saturday.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
a/n : i've written up to chapter thirty
THIR. TEE.
THREE. ZERO.
im pretty proud of myself tho since i normally suck at staying ahead on writing 😬😬