022

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl , messages ]

matt walks into chris's room. chris is laying on his stomach, scrolling through instagram. suddenly, matt slumps down onto the bed beside him making a dip in the mattress.

"how the fuck am i supposed to find a date?" matt complains, flopping backward so he collapses on top of chris.

"that's not my problem." chris groans, shoving matt off of him.

"yes it is." matt points out. "you're the one who had the bright idea for everyone to bring dates in the first place."

chris shrugs, "okay that's fair."

"so help me find someone to bring." matt tells him. "this isn't a disney movie where the perfect persons gonna walk through the door and we get married."

"i mean, you never know." chris says, rolling onto his back and holding his phone over his face to keep scrolling through social media.

matt's tempted to knock his phone out of his hand, but then chris would definitely not help him.

"ugh!" matt complains. "just help me! do you know anyone who's single and free on christmas?"

"oh my god, matt." chris argues, not taking his eyes away from his phone. "i'm searching for her instagram."

matt's taken aback for a moment. "wait, seriously? i thought you were ignoring me."

"i wish i could." chris says. "but you're too loud and obnoxious to ignore."

chris sits up and hands his phone to his brother. matt looks down at the screen — which has a random girl's profile pulled up.

she's pretty. she has short-cut, brown hair with navy blue eyes. her skin is pale, sprinkled with freckles. on instagram, her pictures are in shades of light blues and greens, making her feed flow together nicely. at the top of the page, it says her name is june bery.

"we were friends in high school." chris explains. "we didn't ever get close, but she was super nice and we'd hang out between classes sometimes."

"she's single?" matt asks. "i just want to make sure i'm not gonna accidentally be a home-wrecker."

"why would i suggest her if she's in a relationship?" chris asks, rolling his eyes and snatching his phone back from matt.

suddenly, matt's phone dings with a notification. he opens it to find that chris sent him a link to june's profile.

"DM her." chris says. "if you guys really seem to like each other, invite her to the party. if not, find someone else."

"okay,"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

you're messaging june.bery on instagram!

June!! — june
Matthew Sturniolo — matt

Matthew Sturniolo
👋👋

June!!
hey
uhh who is this

Matthew Sturniolo
oh sorry that was rlly weird and awkward
kinda thought the emoji was funny

June!!
i laughed 🤷‍♀️

Matthew Sturniolo
laughed at me or with me

June!!
with 🤭

Matthew Sturniolo
that's reassuring

June!!
anywayyyy
whyd u text me in the first place?
like what caused the 👋

Matthew Sturniolo
actually it was two
like this 👋👋

June!!
oh my bad
👋👋

Matthew Sturniolo
much better

June!!
thanks
i'm working on my awkward waves

Matthew Sturniolo
yeah it def needs some work still 😬 i

June!!
HEY

Matthew Sturniolo
hi 👋

June!!
LMAOOAOA

Matthew Sturniolo
june can i ask u something?

June!!
ofc :)

Matthew Sturniolo
do you want to hang out sometime?

June!!
idkkkk 😬😬😬
you're kinda just a random guy in my DMs

Matthew Sturniolo
random guy???
that's hurtful 😔

June!!
can you blame me?
id prefer not to get kidnapped 🤷‍♀️

Matthew Sturniolo
i'm not a random guys fyi 😒😒

June!!
yeah?
then who are u

Matthew Sturniolo
i'm chris's brother

June!!
chris?
am i supposed to know who that is?

Matthew Sturniolo
you guys knew each other in high school???

June!!
OH
yeah we had the same science class
he failed chem like 15 times

Matthew Sturniolo
that's him 🙄

June!!
wellll now that you're not a stranger...
ig we can hang out sometime <3

Matthew Sturniolo
how's tonight work for you?

June!!
i'm free :)

Matthew Sturniolo
perfect

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
a/n : idc what anyone says bc i've been listening to wistful's playlist on REPEAT 😋 it's so sad but so good