024

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl , messages ]

it's been four days since matt and june first started talking. since then, they've been hanging out whenever they can.

matt genuinely likes june. he feels like she's the first person he's connected with — romantically — since he and bin had their falling out.

she's super pretty, but he doesn't care much for looks. what he likes about her is the fact that she's nice to everyone she meets. she's polite and kind to strangers. matt asked her once why she's always so nice and she said "you never know what someone else could be going through. it's best to put yourself in their shoes before making harsh judgement."

the reason why matt hasn't dated anyone in four years is because of bin. whenever he tried to form a connection with anyone, he would be reminded of bin. her face would pop up instead of theirs; the memories they shared would flood his mind.

but when he's with june, he hardly thinks about bin. it's liberating. like his mind was let off of a leash that was tying him to bin.

"matt?" june calls out, waving her hand in front of his face to get his attention.

they're currently at an ice cream shop down the road from his house. they asked for indoor seating because it's freezing outside. june picked the table beside the window because it was raining and she claimed to like the sound.

matt laughs, "sorry, i zoned out."

"i could tell." june says, leaning back in her seat. "are you okay? you've seemed to be a bit distracted all day today."

"yeah, i'm fine." matt lies. truth is, todays the day he plans to ask her out. he feels happy when he's around her. he fears that if he doesn't ask her out, she'll leave. but he's also super nervous because we all know how his last relationship ended.

"i don't want to pry," june begins, "but i can tell you're not fine. your mind is clearly stressed out about something. and if you feel comfortable enough, you can always talk to me about it."

immediately, matt thinks about bin. she used to say the same thing.

bin could always tell when matt was anxious. she was patient with him and respected her boundaries, while also making it known that he can confide in her if he needed.

"will you go out with me?" matt blurts out. "like, i mean, officially. as in dating."

june's eyes widen. personally, she thinks it's a bit soon to start dating since they met only a few days ago. but she also knows that she really likes this kid.

"of course," she responds, giving him a smile. upon hearing her reply, matt's nerves suddenly alleviate from his mind. "so that's why you were so nervous."

"yeah," matt says, "honestly, i don't have the best record when it comes to dating. so, i really don't wanna fuck this up."

"you haven't fucked up anything." june reassures him. "i promise."

"i might after i ask my next question." matt says before continuing. "will you be my date to a christmas party?"

"christmas party?"

"yeah," matt says, "my brother is throwing a huge get-together. it'll be mid-day on christmas so i get it in you're busy. also, a ton of people will be there, so i'll understand if you say no. on top of that, i think nick is going to make us all do a secret santa gift exchange. so it might be weird for you since you don't know anyone."

june notices that matt's rambling, so she stops him. "i'll go with you."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

NICK 😘😘 — nick
poptart whore💞 — bin

NICK 😘😘
BIN

poptart whore💞
WHAT

NICK 😘😘
i have the christmas party plans solidified 😜

poptart whore💞
TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME

NICK 😘😘
OKAY SO
TYERES TWO RULES
1. everyone needs a date
2. were doing secret santa

poptart whore💞
AHHHHH
THIS IS GONNA BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR

NICK 😘😘
UGH SAMEEE

poptart whore💞
wait send me the guest list
i need to know what to expect 🥱

NICK 😘😘
OKAY OKAY
me
you
matt
chris
willow
kai
tia
june
madi
nate

poptart whore💞
june?
who's june?

NICK 😘😘
😬😬😬

poptart whore💞
WHATTT

NICK 😘😘
oh honey...

poptart whore💞
NICOLAS
STOP
JUST TELL ME WHO SHE IS

NICK 😘😘
UHHH
she's chris's friend
yeahhh 😁😁👍

poptart whore💞
oh
well why would i give a fuck ab his friend

NICK 😘😘
YOU ASKED

poptart whore💞
YOU ACTED LIKE JT WAS A BIG DEAL

NICK 😘😘
SORRY
DIDNG MEAN TO
HAHAHAH😊

poptart whore💞
you're weirding me out 😟😟

NICK 😘😘
she's really nice dw about it 😇😇😇

poptart whore💞
okay???? 🤨
i'm just gonna hang out with you the whole night

NICK 😘😘
GOOD
KEEP THAT MINDSET
NO MATTER WHAT

poptart whore💞
UGH STOP THAT

NICK 😘😘
stop what

poptart whore💞
ACTING LIKE YOURE KEEPING SECRETS

NICK 😘😘
HAHAHAHA
ME?
NEVERRRR
AHAHHAHA

poptart whore💞
...weirdo

NICK 😘😘
we'll just hang out the whole time okay?

poptart whore💞
okay

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
a/n : the christmas party is gonna make you guys cry and laugh and wanna bash your head against a cement brick 😁