019

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ messages , irl ]

regina — bin
karen — kai
gretchen — willow

regina
GUYS HELP
EMERGENCY
🚨🚨🚨

gretchen
WHATS WROBG

karen
IS CALVIN BACK?? 😰😰😰

gretchen
oh god i hope not 🤢

regina
no. it's worse.

karen
the only thing worse than calvin is death itself

regina
me and matt almost kissed

karen
and why is this a bad thing? 🥱
i'm team minny 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

gretchen
well why are u texting us if ur at their house

regina
i'm hiding in the bathroom 😬😬

gretchen
face palm 🤦‍♀️

karen
someone tell me why this kid always hides in the bathroom whenever she has boy troubles 🤨😒

regina
it's a coping mechanism 😕

karen
girl that's not a coping mechanism
that's unhygienic 😵

regina
whatever

gretchen
GO TALK TO HIM

karen
YES WILLOW 👏👏
USE THOSE VOCAL CHORDS GIRL 🗣️

gretchen
it needed to be said

regina
fine
i'm leaving
but when i ruin everything AGIAN i'm blaming u guys

karen
whatever helps you sleep at night 🤷‍♂️

regina
middle finger 🖕

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

bin walks out of the bathroom, taking a deep breath to calm herself down.

to anyone else, she might seem like she's being dramatic. but it's been four fucking years since she's even spoken to matt. for that entire time, she's tried her hardest to forget him completely. but now, out of nowhere, she's reconnecting with the triplets. and just as she's beginning to settle back into their old friendship, she almost kisses matt – which wouldn't be such a big deal if he hadn't ran off.

if they went through with the kiss, she would have assumed that he's still into her. then they would have had a conversation, talking through their feelings. then, maybe, they could slowly begin to reform what they once had. but no. matt ditched her.

"you promised an explanation." chris says when she walks into the living room. chris and matt are sitting together on the larger couch. whereas nick is sitting on the double cushioned one by himself. he pats the empty space beside him, signaling for bin to sit next to him.

"you're right." bin says, sitting down beside nick. "after school one day, my parents told me that they got a divorce. i was a bit confused because they'd never talked about splitting up before this. but my mom explained everything to me, saying that she got primary custody and she wanted us to move to new york. of course, i argued with her and said that i didn't want to leave everyone. but-"

"but you did." matt interrupts. chris and nick are shocked at matt's bluntness, but bin isn't. she knows his irritation is because of the kiss (which technically didn't even happen).

"but i did." bin agrees. "i'm not trying to make up excuses for what happened, i'm trying to explain everything. you guys deserve the truth."

"well it took you long enough to give it to us." matt snaps back.

"you fucking blocked me." bin retorts. she was trying her hardest to keep her composure and refrain from starting any arguments. but something about what matt said pissed her off.

"because you disappeared out of fucking nowhere!" matt yells.

"what did you expect!?" bin shouts back. "a fucking goodbye card? get over yourself!"

in matt's eyes, bin left without warning. it was a random wednesday when she went missing, not even over break or on the weekend. he opened instagram to see that she was on a plane to new york. then, she quit answering his texts, completely ghosting him.

in bin's eyes, though, she was going through enough pain trying to cope with her parents randomly divorcing and also being moved to a new state. then, her best friend quit answering her texts, completely ghosting her.

"no, i didn't want something big and flashy!" matt shouts, standing up from the couch and walking over to where she sits. "all i wanted was something to show me that you still cared! maybe an explanation while we're at it!?"

the anger in his tone. the volume of his voice. the way he stands over her.

everything about this argument reminds her of her parents. they're both hurt, both wanting the other to just listen. but that doesn't happen. they just get louder and louder until neither of them even cares about who's in the right anymore.

matt is the last person bin ever thought she'd end up in this situation with. the parallel makes her want to start crying – but she doesn't. she stands up, their faces an inch apart before she says two simple words.

"fuck you."

with that, she walks past him and leaves the room.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
a/n : they were too happy 🤷‍♀️
anyway u guys have been telling me to read idfc for like WEEKS now so guess what ⁉️⁉️ i started it
and my first thought? cam needs to fucking GO.