014

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl , messages ]

"i think i fucked up." matt says, flopping onto the couch and grumbling something incoherent into the cushion his face is on.

"what'd you do this time?" chris asks without looking away from the tv screen.

chris and nick have been binge-watching some random show all morning. matt isn't watching it with them, but he's been going in and out of the living room to talk to them about whatever comes to mind.

he's been bored all day. he has nothing to do and nothing to keep himself busy.

well, until he decided to text bin. he knew it would definitely give him something to think about — but now he feels like it's too much to think about. i mean, there's a reason he blocked her.

matt sits up on the couch, "i texted bin."

suddenly, nick and chris don't give a damn about their show. their full attention is on matt, waiting for him to explain himself.

"did i hear that right?" chris asks, looking around the room frantically to make sure he didn't fall asleep during the show and is dreaming.

"like bin bin?" nick asks, just as shocked as chris. "like the one you dated in high school? the one you blocked on insta? the one we aren't allowed to talk about without matt getting all pouty?"

"i don't get pouty!" matt pouts.

"okay, whatever." chris says, not caring about the pouty topic. "just explain the texting thing."

"while we were at the concert, i accidentally overheard a conversation she had while i was in the bathroom." matt says. "so i decided to text her today and make sure she knows that she can talk to me if she needs to."

"okay??" chris says, getting bored. "i thought you said you fucked up."

"so we were talking like normal. then she said that our connected wore off because we haven't talked in forever." matt explains. "i guess that kinda upset me. so i said that it's her fault since she's the one who moved away without telling anyone."

"oh dear." nick says like he's in a dramatic opera. "can i see the messages?"

matt pulls up the texts before handing his phone to nick, letting him read through the conversation. as soon as nick's holding the device, chris scoots over to read them as well.

while his brothers go through his phone, matt lays flat on his back, staring at the ceiling. he examines the white paint and the dotted texture, wanting it to all cave in on him. that way, he won't have to deal with this anymore.

suddenly, his view of the ceiling is blocked. nick hovers over matt, looking down at him with a weird expression on his face.

"what? why are you looking at me like that?" matt asks.