010

Elianna

My phone was ringing with notifications almost the whole time when we had dinner. I've been ignoring my boyfriend for the past week, and I knew it was sort of a childish behaviour from my side, however I felt like having a conversation about him cheating on me over the phone wasn't mature either. On the first day he called, I declined the call and sent him a message that I'm busy and proceeded to snooze my notifications on his number for the rest of the trip, up until now.

I didn't want this to ruin my last remaining hours here.

As the night went on, the people either started to leave or order light alcohol - saying that it's a habit to do after each race - and hold drunken conversations. I decided to be a responsible adult so I stuck with my water.

Soon enough they got, and I quote, a brilliant idea to attend one of the local night clubs, so it ended up with me and Lily watching over drunk F1 drivers who were dancing their way through the streets, heading towards the club Daniel found on his phone.

To be fair, at first I was a little sceptical about the place, since he literally found it on some Instagram story, but as we entered the place and I found out it was a highly secured and mostly private place, my nerves eased and I relaxed.

Me and Lily were talking while occasionally looking at the guys dancing in the small crowd. Thankfully it was only Charles, Carlos, Alex and Daniel so we didn't have to worry too much. Besides, they could take care of themselves anyways. Whilst we were talking, I learned some more things about Lily and I started to think that she and I could talk forever and I would never get bored of it.

The clock soon hit half past midnight and we decided that it would probably be best to go back. We ordered an uber and headed back to the hotel, where we then split and went into our rooms.

After I showered, I decided to go to the balcony of my hotel room since it was my last night here. I sat down on the small sofa and unlocked my phone, revealing a huge amount of notifications on text messages and every single social media I have, all of those messages from Zane.

I rubbed my eyes with exhaustion from all of this and turned off my phone. Leaving the phone on the armrest of the sofa, I opened the book on my lap and started reading. The soft breeze of the night twirled through my hair, making goosebumps appear on my skin. It wasn't cold, but it was not as hot as it was during the day either.

"Reading again?"

My body jolted up in surprise, the book landing on the ground as I lost the grip on it. I looked up to see none other than my curly-haired hotel room neighbour, cigarette in hand - as per usual - leaning against the railing facing me.

"You should really stop appearing out of nowhere and scaring me," I sighed and bent down to pick up my book with a frown.

"It's never in my intention to scare you, you're just too focused on everything else but your surroundings," he countered, having an answer to everything as always.

My lips formed a thin line as I eyed him and then focused my eyes back on the book, intending to ignore his presence and actually get a progress on the reading. And apparently he could sense my train of thought as he said, "Any updates on the book?"

"Is Lando Norris interested in what I'm reading?" I teased and looked at him with a smirk. For a second his poker face slipped, probably because I called him by his full name for the first time, but then he cocked his head to the side.

"You seem to be reading it everytime we meet here but I don't actually think that you moved that much with it," he said and motioned to my book.

I frowned and looked at the book, knowing he was right. "Yeah, I do read it. And to be fair, I would make progress with it if you wouldn't interrupt me every time I tried to do it."

"It's not my fault that you choose times to come here whenever I'm here at my smoke break," he chuckled and took the cigarette between his lips.

"Smoke break?" I questioned with a small smile tugging at my lips, "Of course you call it that," I murmured and started reading again.

However, as for the nth time already, he broke the silence between us, "Do you think I'd be able to jump over this?"

I perked up as I noticed him leaning on his balcony railing, motioning his hand between his part and my part of the balcony. The balconies were close enough, but still there was a slight gap between them and I doubted that it would end up good if he tried to jump over it.

"Technically, maybe. Realistically, don't do it," I warned and focused my full attention on him. But would you believe that he would actually listen to me? I for sure wouldn't.

The cigarette in his hand magically wasn't there anymore, as he must've throwed it away somewhere, when he put both of his hands on the railing, looking at the gap and probably measuring his chances. "Wait, I'm actually going to jump over."

"No– not happening, are you damn insane?" I closed the book with a force and stood up, hands in the air. But he was already hoisted up, calmly sitting on the railing, his legs hanging loosely in the air. "Okay, stop it right there. You're gonna fall and die and leave me traumatised for the rest of my life, and you definitely don't want to do that."

And I wasn't joking. If he would fall, he would certainly die or in the best case scenario, he would 'only' injure himself and end up on a wheelchair, we were literally on the 10th floor of the hotel.

Maybe it was common around athletes that they lacked an ability to listen to people, especially if they were about to do something dumb. I've noticed it before with Charles, but this scenario was far worse.

He stood up from his sitting position and was securing himself by his hands holding the railing behind him, while standing on a small part of the floor. I bit my lip and walked closer to my side of the railing, hands in the air in front of me, "Lando–"

I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes when I saw him in the air, absolutely nothing under him to catch him. In a matter of milliseconds I heard a loud thud, but it wasn't on the ground down below.

"Well, hello," Lando smirked down at me when he jumped across the railing, standing right in front of me.