061

Elianna

Waking up the next morning felt like a fever dream. I was home - at my dad's ranch - the sun was slowly raising its rays through the window, the familiar scent of lavender that we always had at home hitting me right away.

Just as I became conscious of my surroundings, I realised there's something heavy laid across my waist. Looking behind, I spotted none other than Lando still peacefully deep in the slumber. His breathing was slow, curls messy on the pillow under him and face blank without any expression.

As I turned around, I saw he had no shirt on and realised that neither did I. Promptly all those memories from last night resurfaced and hit me right away. Oh lord.

How did we end up in this situation? More importantly, how did we let ourselves get lost like that? Will that change the dynamic between us? Will we regret it? Or will it happen again?

Although all these questions were slowly overwhelming my mind, I couldn't help but think about how I actually didn't mind that it happened. He was being gentle and respected my boundaries in every way possible and still kept the irresistible attractiveness that I felt toward him that drove me crazy. The feeling was bilateral and the only one between us, no other emotions included.

At least that was what I was trying to convince myself.

"Earth to Sparkles," a whisper of his voice brought me back to reality.

My eyes met his halfway opened ones, meeting his still sleepy face. There was a small tug on his lips forming into a soft smile, his arm still lazily resting on my bare waist.

"Hi," I whispered, my eyes travelling on his flawless face. How did he look so damn good even after just waking up? No idea.

"Hi," and his morning voice wasn't helping at all. The only thing that was saving me was that at least I felt my underwear on the lower part of my body. "Slept good?"

"Yep, all good," I nodded, slapping myself mentally for sounding so in a rush. There was a bunch of things going through my head. So much going on although in reality I was laying in bed - practically in arms of the person who caused most of those chaotic thoughts.

"You're literally running a marathon in your mind," he spoke, furrowing his brows as he did so, "Spit it out."

"We should probably talk about recent events," I felt myself blushing, "...yesterday's events."

A smirk formed on his face, knowing very well what I meant as he propped his arm under his head, "Okay let's talk."

"No, this is embarrassing," I started laughing, hiding my face in the pillow as I felt myself getting red. He chuckled and I felt his hand move from my waist to my hair to move the strands away from my face.

"You're the one who suggested we talk about it, so face your consequences," he leaned his face closer to me as I peaked at him with one eye. "Do you regret it?"

"No."

"Good," a slight nod from him, his eyes travelling on my face that wasn't hidden by the pillow anymore, "Because I don't either."

I focused my gaze on him and moved my face fully away from the pillow, studying each and every detail on his face that was lit by the light coming from the window. Freckles and moles on his cheeks and lips parted ever so slightly, eyes locked on me and shining with their signature ocean greenish-blue colour.

Feeling his fingers slip through the locks of my hair, I moved my hand to his forehead, brushing those stray curls away and then placed my hand under my head, still keeping eye contact. His fingers made their way to my back, feathering light touches against my skin and tracing right against my tattoo, making shivers appear everywhere.