02

It's Saturday today, and as requested (ordered) by his dear Dadu, Siddharth was on his way to Jaipur.

He will be meeting a girl tomorrow, but he doesn't even know her name.

While on the flight, he had various thoughts running through his mind.

Arrange marriage. Isn't it scary? Two strangers committing for a lifetime. What if she is just the opposite of me? What if we are not meant for each other? What if we are not compatible?

But what if she is the one?

So many what-ifs. But hardly any answer.

An arranged marriage is like a wrapped gift box.
Slowly you open a gift, slowly you get to know that person, her likes dislikes, her attitude and perspective. This is beautiful.
The Scary part is that even if you don't like the gift, you have to live with it till death do you part.

Closing the book of all these wandering thoughts, Siddharth gets off the plane.

At Rathore Mansion

Siddharth went to his grandfather's room and knocked.
"Come in."

"Khamma Gani, Dadu." He greeted his grandfather while touching his feet.

" So you came."

"As if I had a choice."

"Come sit, do you wanna talk about something."

"Dadu, one day you call me, order me to come back so we can meet a girl for my marriage. I don't even know her name or anything about her Dadu. How can I marry someone after a few meetings? And don't you dare say ki aapke zamaane mi kya hota tha"

"Haha, So you want to know about the girl. Directly puch lete."
Grandpa teased him.

"Her name is Ishika. She is 24. She lost her parents at a very young age and so she lives with her brother Samarth Maheswari and his family. Your father was best of friends with her father, even I treated him like my son. Whenever we went to Jaisalmer, I always made sure to visit them. She is a very pretty girl, inside out. The last time I met her, she had completed her studies and was helping her brother in his business.
That's all I can tell you about Ishika, the rest you shall see on your own. So Siddharth shall I fix the meeting for tomorrow."

"Isn't it already fixed?"

" Nope, I first wanted to know your opinion and thoughts before talking to them."

"If you think that she will be the right one for me, then I am ready to meet her."

Grandpa nodded and Siddharth went to his room.

Impatient Daddu instantly dialled the number to Jaisalmer.

"Khamma Gani Dadu, kese hai aap. Aaj mujhe kese yaad kiya"
(Greetings Grandfather, how are you.? Why did you call me today?)

"Gani Khamma Samrat. I am fine beta. I had something important to talk to you."

"Yes Dadu, please tell me."

"Beta you know Siddharth my eldest grandson."

"yes"

"I want to ask for your sister, Ishika Beti's hand for my grandson."

"What, Ishika, voh toh bachhi hai abhi."
(she is still young)

"Haha, I understand your sentiments Samrat. For a brother his sister is never old enough. But think about my proposal, talk with your wife and Ishika. And if it's a yes, we would like to meet you all tomorrow itself."

"I'll give you an answer by evening Dadu."

"Take your time."
____________________

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please...

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟