17

After dinner, we all sat around the bonfire. This night couldn't get better. Chilly night and the warmth of a bonfire, sitting with the people you cherish. Undoubtedly, this was my best Christmas ever.

"Come on ladies, stop gossiping. Let's make this night more fun and play truth and dare." Karthik said.

"But we don't have any bottles. And where we will spin it, over the bonfire." Radhika countered.

"let's bend the rules a little. So everyone will get the chance in the sequence we are sitting and let's start with you chipkali."

"Why me?" Radhika pouted.

"Because you are the youngest. Now pick one, truth or dare."

"Truth"

"Biggest lie you have ever spoken?" Samrat Bhai asked the question.

"That I don't have a boyfriend."

"What the hell."
"Who is he."
"I'll kill him"
These were the instant reactions of Karthik, papaji and Sidd.

Suddenly Radhika busted out laughing and said,
"You guys are too cute. Now everyone that was my biggest lie."

"What that was a lie," Karthik shouted.

"Technically it was a truth. Now, Boring was it, Karthik," she said in a challenging tone.

"my heart can't handle a repeat of this, let's play a dare and dare game." everyone agreed with Karthik.

Now it was Maa's turn as she was sitting next to Radhika and she was dared to confess her love.

"I love- I love you kids a lot. You three are my jaan. Your happiness means the world to me. I love you."

"Thanks, mom. But the dare was to confess your love to Papa." Radhika exclaimed, air quoting the last words.

"No one specified that." Mom said shrugging.

"God, these women are tenacious, it's impossible to hold them at a weak point," Karthik said looking to the sky.

"Phir aap in se ulajhte hi kyu hai?" sidd said dropping his arm across my shoulder.

"Next is Papa, what can we dare him to do? Ok, papa transfer 1 crore rupees in my account right now."

"Is it a dare or ransom?"

"Papa I dare you to mimic Dadu, right now," Sidd said.

"what? Ok, I'll do it but it should be between us only. Karthik if somehow Bapu sa found out, I'll kill you."

"But why me?"

Everyone ignored him. Papa mimicked Dadu sa so well, it was hilarious to watch. I am sure that this isn't the first time Papa has mimicked Dadu Sa. We all laughed so much.

Next, it was Brinda Bhabhi's turn. She was asked to do something to make Bhaiya blush.
Bhabhi stood with a vicious yet confident look and strolled towards Bhai. She leaned and whispered something in his ear. Next, we all witnessed the stone-cold Maheswari blushing. Those were Karthik's words, not mine.
After embarrassing Bhai a little more, we moved ahead with the game and it was his turn. Papa gave him an easy out by asking him to dance.
So he danced to a romantic song with Bhabhi. They were so cute together, so I recorded them on my phone.

Next was Karthik's turn. Radhika dared him to call Natasha his crush and talk to him like a lunatic. For her every sentence, he would have to reply with something random.

Karthik did call Natasha.

N- Hi Karthik, Merry Christmas.

K- the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.

N- that's great, but you didn't call me to tell me that right?

K- Tigers have striped skin.

N- Are you drunk?

K- I got a pimple on my nose.

N- Good night Karthik.

K- strawberry is not a berry but banana is.

She disconnected the call. We all laughed so hard.

"Stop laughing at my expense. She now probably thinks I am nuts."

"or a drunk dialer" I added and we laughed again.

"wait bhabhi, it's your turn na next. I dare you to call your first boyfriend and talk to him on speakerphone."

"W-what"

"Come bhabhi, don't be a spoilsport."

"fine"

I took my phone and dialled the number.

"speaker, bhabhi," Radhika said looking amused. I complied.

Soon Siddharth's phone rang. He answered, "Hello Ishu."

His voice echoed as he was sitting right beside me and was on call with me as well.

Everyone laughed except Karthik who was shocked, seeing his plan to embarrass me going down the drain.

"H- how? yours toh is an arranged marriage na."

"I asked her to be my girlfriend a day before our engagement."

"oh but bhabhi how cone didn't have any boyfriend in school or college " Karthik asked me.

"Ask Samart Bhai. The boys were scared to even talk to me." I huffed. Sidd mouthed 'thank you' to Bhai.

"I can so relate to you bhabhi. You only had Samrat bhai, imagine having two such overprotective brothers." she shuddered.

"what's there to imagine, now she does have two overprotective brothers, Sam bhai and me," Karthik said, bringing tears to my eyes. I was happy for all the love and acceptance Sidd's family showered on me.

"It's okay bhabhi if you don't want me as a brother, just don't cry please." Karthik pouted. No one can say that he is a year older than me not just a baby.

I chuckled at his antics and hugged him.

"I am so blessed to have such a loving family and an adorable brother."

"Chalo rona-dhona band karo. Ab Siddharth ki turn hai. Siddharth I want you to dedicate and sing a song for Ishika." maa dated Sidd.

"You want me to sing?" Sidd asked appalled.

"I dare is a dare Siddharth," said Bhai.

I don't know why but I was blushing. Sidd held my hands and pulled me into his embrace.

He cleared his throat and sang
'Mere liye tum kaafi ho.'

This song never felt more beautiful to me. He sang every word and every line looking into my eyes. I was so touched. This song was like our story. There were no big confessions of love. So was in our relationship, it was too early to include the L word. We are still getting to know each other. But yes we do fit together so well, like the pieces of the same puzzle. We know we are made of each other. Pyar bhi hoga has abhi thora waqt hai.
Beautiful things do take time.

As he finished the song, I forgot everything that where I was, and who was around us, I just hugged him so tightly. Tears flowed freely from my eyes and ruined his shirt. He just held me tightly rubbing my back. After a few good minutes, I looked around to see everyone was looking at us while Bhabhi and Maa were also crying but in happiness.

Then we decided that it was already late and we all should retire to our rooms. We all decided to explore Udaipur for tomorrow.
____________________

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please.

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟