11

Siddharth

It was such a beautiful hour of my life. I'll cherish it for the next two months while waiting for my girl.

"Bemaan waqt tehra hi nahi. Now I have to go." I said looking in her pretty eyes, still lying on her lap.
(traitor time didn't freeze.)

"Waqt agar ruk jayega to 2 Feb kaise aayegi," Ishu said.
(if time had stopped, then 2nd Feb wouldn't ever come)

(yes, it is their wedding date)
She surprised me when she bent down and kissed my forehead. I couldn't control my emotions any more, I turned a little and tightly hugged her stomach. She stilled for a few seconds, I thought she might not be comfortable. So when I was about to let go, her hands went to my hair. She rubbed and played with them. We stayed like this for some minutes when I felt something wet in my ear.

I turned and looked up to see Ishu crying. I immediately rose from her lap and sat beside her crossing my legs.

"Ishu, why are you crying?" I asked while wiping her tears with my fingers.

"I- I will miss you."

"I'll miss you too jaan. I'll miss you much more than you can imagine. But stop crying because I promised my fiancee that she'll only cry happy tears. And Jaan, I would be pretty upset to know that these are happy tears. You should not be happy about my leaving." I said while pouting.

She chuckled and finally stopped crying.

Oh wait, I forgot about that.

"Ishu, close your eyes"

"why?"

"do you trust me?

She didn't reply but immediately closed her eyes. Her action speaks way louder than her words.

I took out a box which I bought as an engagement gift for Ishu but after the unforeseen turn of yesterday night, I couldn't give it to her. But I guess today is a better moment. I removed it from the box, unclasped it and tied the chain around her neck.
Feeling the touch, she opened her eyes, I kissed the infinity pendant now dangling on her neck.

"Sid this is so pretty."

"Trust me it wasn't this pretty when I bought it. It looks so much more beautiful because my angel wore it."

"So cheesy Sid."

"Nothing but true, Ishu. This small gift is my 'together forever' for you."

"It's perfect. Thank you so much, Sid." I kissed her forehead.

"As much as I would love to miss my flight and be a 'ghar jamai' but jana jaroori hai."
(But I have to go.)

She nodded. I stood up and forwarded my hand to help her get on her feet. I held her hand and together we went to the parking area.

I hugged her one last time before going.

"Take care, Ishu."

"No I won't," she said

"Please jaan for me."

"only if you promise to take care of yourself, eat your food on time and no more than two cups of coffee in a day. Also, Promise you'll call me every day."

"I promise Ishu." I then unwillingly let her go from my clutches but not before stealing a kiss on her forehead. I got seated in my car.
It was now the time. I have to go but it feels incomplete. It feels like I am leaving my half-self here in Jaisalmer.
It was paining me to leave her. I have known this girl for less than a week, so why does it feel like I am leaving my heart here? An organ which I was born with. Which has been with me for always. Which is the reason I am alive.

Ishika feels as important as my heart. It feels like I need her for living. I need her as much as I need air to survive.

I closed the door of my car. She waved her goodbye. Her eyes filled with unshed tears. I looked at her face, trying to capture every small detail about her. Her mesmerising eyes, her cute little nose, her innocent lips, and a pretty little beauty spot on her jaw. She is a true angel. My angel.

My window was rolled up. I placed my palm on the glass. She placed her palm over it.
It was our goodbye.

Realising the time, the driver started the car and we left for the airport.

____________________

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please...

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟