40

Ishika's pov:

I am not that heartless, I made dinner for our guests, but I am not stupid to serve them or call them for dinner.

I had no appetite so I skipped dinner and went to my bedroom. Sidd came back around 12. I wasn't asleep but wasn't in the mood to talk so I pretended to be asleep. He went to the washroom, came back and slept beside me.

While I was wide wake. Tears spilled from my eyes. Somehow putting a full stop to my thoughts, I slept with the hope for a better day tomorrow.

The next morning, I woke up alone on the bed. Sidd had already left for the office. With the glooming mood, I did my morning routine and went downstairs.

Ashi and Vrishti were in the living room. Seems like they are going somewhere. I had in the mood to socialize, so I ignored their presence and went to the kitchen to maje my breakfast.

But Ashi can't see me in peace. She came in the kitchen to ruin my mood.

"Hey, whatever your name is, prepare our breakfast at 9 from tomorrow. Because unlike some freeloaders, Vrishti and I are going to work from tomorrow."

What the hell does this girl thinks of herself? She is ordering me around like I am her slave. But before I could give her a befitting reply, Vrishti came to the kitchen, calling Ashi.

"Ashi, shall we go?"

"Yes Vrishti, we have to shop for some formal wears, we will need them from tomorrow, afterall we will be working in my brother's company. But you lucky girl, I wanted to word under Siddharth bhai but of course he would choose you over anyone else to be his personal assistant."

"Don't be disheartened, Ashi. You know na how Sidd is. He used to fight his own family for me in past. Nothing has changed now."

They both laughed and left the house. Taking away my peace and appetite with them.

Few weeks ago everything was so good and happy. But now it all seems like a dream. I am afraid of waking up. 

Does Sidd still have feelings for Vrishti? But he said he loves me.

I know he didn't lie. I know the moments we shared were no joke but will Sidd still choose me when his first love is back? He loved me or was I just the next best option?

I can't let these thoughts rot me from the inside. I will have to talk to Sidd. I can't let doubts cloud my brain. If Sidd still had feelings for Vrishti, I won't come between them but Sidd have to tell me what he wants first.

It was way past lunchtime so I took my phone and messaged Sidd to make it to the dinner today.

I was happy when he replied with an okay. I went to the kitchen and prepared all his favourite dishes.

Though I was happy and excited, yet I was nervous and scared about how this night will turn out to be.

Fingers crossed.

I was setting all the food on the table when Ashi came to the dining room.

"Why did you bhai's favourite dishes? He won't be coming for dinner tonight." Ashi said looking at the food.

"what? How do you know?" I asked her.

"Bhai and Vrishti are going out on a dat- dinner, I meant they are going out for dinner. Anyways I won't let your efforts go to waste, I am hungry so I'll have his share." she said winking at me and left the room.

I checked my phone for any message from Sidd but there were none. So I called him. His phone was switched off. I waited till 9 after that unstoppable tears flooded my eyes.

Both the guestrooms were occupied I didn't even had any other place to go to. I can't even talk to anyone about this.

I went to the balcony in my room and sat on the swing there. I don't how night proceeded, when Sidd came back home? Whether he came or not? I slept there only on the swing.
____________________

Guys don't loose hope on Sidd. How many of you want his point of view.... Raise hands✋🏻

Suggest the songs here for this chapter, please...

Don't forget to colour the star 🌟