Part 48

"Why did you do that? Do you really desire to die? Is that cause of case?

Dipali inquired as soon she was notified, Abhimaan attempt to commit suicide she couldn't help but rush to meet him. However watching him weeping silently she couldn't understand what's bothering him.

"Abhimaan? You can't give up, I need you!

"I'm tired Dipali!

She couldn't retort, as he really looked exhausted. Emotionally, Physically and mentally. He was feeling hopeless since he heard his Daughter's word. As if everything in the world is meaningless now.

"I know, but that can't be reason for you to give up, Life isn't joke so please.

"Say's who? You, who attempt to give up twice!

He retorted with Sarcasm coldly, for him despite knowing he get involved with Siya due to her. He couldn't held his own Sister responsible. Even though he'll often try to mock her.

"I know I was wrong that's why I'm aiming to redeem myself!

"And you'll succeed, cause unlike me You're not irredeemable!

He replied calmly with grim smile on face, It's not like she didn't witnessed him disappointed before, but today something seems dead within him. As everything had become meaningless to him.

"Will you tell me what happened? Did you met Siya?

"No, but I almost met my Daughter!

"She was here to see you? How did Siya allowed her?

Dipali couldn't believe, he met Aadhya as she knew, there's no way Siya will let her Daughter meet her Father, who happen to be her nightmare.

"She desired to meet me, when I learn I couldn't let her see me in Jail so..

"Your attempt to suicide was just ploy to meet her? How could you play with your life like this?

He grimace at her question, but remain silent. Sighing at his ignorance, Dipali inhale Sharply. Only two things seems to rob one's sanity, Addiction and Emotions. Who can understand this better than her? Didn't she go crazy when she heard of her Love getting married to someone else? Or losing her sanity over her Brother's condition? But now, isn't the time to think and regret.

"Alright, so shouldn't you celebrate over meeting your Daughter, why look like you're mourning?

"She regrets to Desire me as Father.

One sentence and she knew not what to say, she was just trying to tease him to inquire. But the reply baffled her, he almost committed suicide to meet her. And what he got? Confession of Regret from his Own Daughter? It's truly huge blow.

"I've always resented him, for his wrong deeds, now I'm resented by my own!

Dipali was speechless to the extent, she couldn't refute him either. For her the situation was truly ironic, he's relating his circumstances with their Vile Father. But again, it's makes sense despite resenting him back then he wanted him. But later he loath him to extent where talking eye to eye was like burning in fire for him.

"In my eye, he wasn't worthy Father, then how I'm?

"But Abhimaan, it's different, he did everything willingly, but you.

"No, don't try to defend me I've made up my mind!

"What do you intent to do?

He didn't answer, just gazed down at his Palm, which was held by his Daughter before. If only he could've been capable of moving or talking when she arrive. He would've at least apologize, but now he knew even if he apologize it's meaningless. Dipali as if realising what he wants to do shook her head. Tears welled up in her eyes as without daring to convince him against his decision, she rushed out of ward.