• Chapter Seven •

"Y/n? You sure are home early. Is everything okay?" Asked my mother as I sat down on the sofa.

"Yep. Soobin couldn't make it because he isn't feeling well." I said with a disappointed voice.

"Aw, poor boy... I hope he feels better soon." My mother said.

"Me too. It was so sudden. He was on his way and I guess he started feeling unwell before he even arrived.. I am kind of worried."

"Maybe send him a text?" My mom suggested.

"Hmm."

Soobin pov.

I was laying on my bed and looking at the ceiling and starting to have a little mental breakdown.

Why did I have to loose my hearing? Why couldn't I have two perfect ears that heard sound like everyone else here?

I feel like everyone else lives in a different world as me.

Why? I wish I could just hear my voice again, or my mothers. And Y/n's..

I start to cry.

I think I do like Y/n... Like, really really like. A lot.

I think of her all the time and I get butterflies when I do..

But who would like a guy who can't hear? Who won't even talk because he's too afraid his voice might sound dumb..

Suddenly my phone vibrated which brought me back to reality.

Y/n🌸:
Hi Soobin. I just wanted to check on you again.
How are you feeling? Are you sick?

I don't know how to respond to her..

Should I tell her I got beat up by her school mates? That just sounds weird and she might worry and/or yell at Geonil and he might do something else to me or her.

Soobin🐰:
Yeah. Nothing to worry about. I'll be better tomorrow.

Y/n🌸:
How are you so sure?

Soobin🐰:
Just a stomach ache.

Okay, that's not completely a lie since my stomach does actually hurt right now.

Y/n🌸:
Oh. Okay.

I set my phone down.

What was a doing again? Oh right, I was having a mental breakdown. That's not good.

You know, if Y/n did like me back than she wouldn't care if I was deaf or not.. Right?

I mean, I would want someone who loves me despite my deafness of course.

I turn to my left side, which hurt but it felt better in a different position.

Before I knew it, I was fast asleep...

I dreamt of Y/n. She was holding my hand and running with me on the beach in the sand.

I heard her voice in my dream. My dreams are the only place where I can hear things.

She was laughing and she kept saying "Soobin Soobin! You're so slow." She wasn't wrong I guess.

Her voice was beautiful, just as I imagine it.

Then we sat down and her head rested on my lap as she looked up at me with her beautiful sparkly eyes.

I stroked her hair and she was about to say something but suddenly it all faded away and I was back to reality on my bed with my stomach still aching from Geonil's gut punch.

I wanted to go back to my dream so badly. I wonder what she was going to say..

.....

Y/n pov.

It was the next morning and I thought about Soobin first thing.

I wonder if he's feeling better?

I gave him a text before heading off to school.

Y/n🌸:
Hi Soob. Are you feeling better today?

Soobin🐰:
Yeah.

Then I put my phone back in my pocket and headed to school.

....

I was eating lunch alone in the cafeteria..

"Hey, Y/n?" Some familiar male voice said from behind me.

I turned around wonder who it was.

"Yes?" I said.

He looks familiar but I don't know who actually he is. He was almost as tall as Soobin.

"Hi, I'm Huening Kai! I just wanted to say sorry about what happened with Soobin yesterday." He said as he sat down next to me.

"Huh? What happened with Soobin yesterday??" I was confused of what he was talking about.

"Oh.. He didn't tell you?" Kai tilted his head slightly.

"No? I mean, unless you're talking about his stomach ache?"

"Oh.. No, I mean what Geonil, you know, the handsome boy with cute eyes and- well, you know him actually... What Geonil did to him." He said, still very smiley and nice. It was making me angry that he was acting like I knew about it and he wasn't getting straight to the point.

"Kai, please tell me what happened!" I said as I stopped eating and listening to Huening Kai attentively.

"Oh, uhm.. Geonil gut punched Soobin for- well, half for being with you, and half because he told Geonil he was taking a wrong approach to getting a girl. That's when I came and saved the day." He put his hands on his cheeks and smiled.

"What?! Geonil that idiot!" I stood up to go find Geonil, but Huening Kai stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Y/n! What are you going to do?" He asked with a shocked tone of voice.

"To prove Soobin right!" I responded.

"On what?" He asked.

"That he took the wrong approach." I said as I pulled away from him.

Kai stopped me again.

"Don't! If you do something to him it'll only get worse! Trust me, I will do my best to keep Geonil away from Soobin and you!" He whisper yelled so nobody but me can hear.

"You sure? How can I trust that you are actually on our side here?" I asked.

"Chill out Katni- I mean, Y/n. You can ask Soobin who saved him if you don't believe me!" He said.

"Whatever. Now get off me, I'm not gonna attack Geonil then." I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Huening Kai.

......

After school I decided to stop by Soobin's house. After I got my mom's permission and of she didn't say no.

Soobin's mother answered the door.

"Hello dear, you must be here for Soobin?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. Is he here?"

"Yes. He is upstairs in his bedroom. Come in." She said as she opened the door and letting me in.

__________