• Chapter Eight •

Soobin's mother led me upstairs to Soobin's room and before she opened the door, she wrote on a notebook: "Y/n is here to see you."

Then she opened his door and held the notebook up for him to read.

I heard music coming from his room, which is odd. It was also very loud.

The music shut off suddenly and Soobin's mother let me walk in Soobin's room and then she left.

I waved at Soobin who was seated on his bed with his homework and with two speakers next to him, that were now shut off.

He waved back and moved over giving me a spot to sit.

I sat next to him and signed:

"Soobin.. Why didn't you tell me that Geonil was hurting you?"

He just looked somewhat confused and not quite sure how to respond to my question.

"Huening Kai told me about what happened. Are you feeling better now?" I asked again.

"Yeah, I am okay. And I didn't tell you because I didn't think it would make anything better. Plus, I didn't want you to worry." He signed.

"But I want to know when something like that happens so I can help you.."

"Help me? You mean go and yell at Geonil? That definitely wouldn't help anything."

Wow, he really knows me quite well.

"Well... No.. I would also come and take care of you and make sure you are okay and not getting beat up by the others from my school." I signed.

"Oh." Was all he signed.

Neither of us signed anything else, so I finally asked:

"Hey Soob, what are the speakers for? And why do you play music off of them if you can't even hear them?" I asked.

"Oh. It's because I like to play music on them with full volume just to feel the beat. It helps me. You know, music is medicine even for deaf people." He smiled.

"Oh wow, that is interesting. Music definitely is healing, even for those who can't hear.. Wow." It is very interesting.

"Yep"

Neither of us signed anything else again for a few awkward minutes until Soobin finally sighed:

"Y/n, I heard you speak in my dream."

"Really? What did I say?" I asked. I'm a bit curious.

"Well.. You said I was slow, because we were running. Then-" He paused.

"Then what?" I asked confusedly.

"Then we sat down and you were laying down with your head on my lap as you looked up at me, you were about to say something and then I woke up.." He signed. Then started to look embarrassed and very very shy.

I just giggled at his cuteness.

"Maybe I was going to say 'I love you'...." I said out loud so he wouldn't hear me...

Because I do actually like him....

He is the only person other than my mom, that understands me, and makes me happy.

He also makes me blush, he makes my heart beat so fastly. And he gives me butterflies. And no one else has ever been able to do that.

"Y/n, I made a sign language name for you." He signed, changing the subject.

A sign language name is a name that is made up of a word or two in sign language that represent you. So that way, you can use it instead of spelling the name out with signing letters.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked.

He signed the word "butterfly" with the letter of my first name at the beginning. So it was 'Y butterfly'. The letter 'Y' and the word 'Butterfly'.

"Oh. It's pretty. But what is the meaning of it?" I asked.

Soobin pov.

The meaning? Wow.. I shouldn't have mentioned it..

It's Butterfly because that's what she gives me.. Butterflies.. Like right now! Ahh.

I feel like it's a weird time for a confession.. I can't.

What if she doesn't like me back?

Y/n pov.

Soobin seemed to have totally spaced out after I asked his what the meaning of my sign language name is.

I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, Soobin I have one for you too." I signed.

"Really? What is it?" He asked.

I signed "Bunny." With the letter of his first name before it. So "S bunny." The letter 'S' with the word 'Bunny'.

"Oh cute. What's the meaning?" He asked.

"It's because I think of you whenever I see a bunny." I signed.

His cheeks turned pink and his dimples were showing with his adorable smile.

"Now, tell me the meaning of 'Y butterfly'" I asked, getting impatient.

"It's because yo-" Suddenly his mother came in the room, interrupting Soobin.

"The bread is done. Come and get some while it's still warm!" She smiled.

"Oh yay." I said as I stood up.

Soobin also stood up exitedly because he already knew it was his bread.

Soobin's mother must make bread for him quite often.

You're not supposed to cut open a bread until it's fully cooled, so I am guessing maybe Soobin likes it warm.

I certainly do. It's so much better with a warm middle. There is nothing like warm homemade bread. Especially for Soobin.

Soobin and me sat at the seats at the counter.

His mother gave us each a slice of homemade bread. It was banana bread this time. Last time it was just plain wheat bread.

I watched Soobin as he ate his banana bread like a cute bunny rabbit.

I can feel my cheeks heat up with blush and a few tiny butterflies tickling the inside of my stomach after he had noticed me watching him.

He was looking back into my eyes, also blushing and looking quite shy.

Neither of us looked away until Mrs Choi cleared her throat causing me to look away and Soobin to just do the same.

"How is it?" She asked.

"Hmm?" I asked confusedly.

"The bread, dear.. How is the bread?" She asked again.

"Oh! It's wonderful Mrs Choi!" I stated shyly.

She just giggled.

______________

Love language || Choi Soobin FF ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara