• Chapter Eleven •

"Yay!!! I knew it!" Cried Huening Kai as he jumped up and down while clapping.

Soobin pulled his hand away from my cheek and covered his blushing face from the laughing Huening Kai.

I was also blushing a lot and being very very shy right now.

But all three of us were giggling now.

"That was absolutely beautiful!! Like a K-drama or something like that!! That made my heart melt!" Huening Kai said cheerfully.

Then Huening Kai repeated what he had said in a broken and sloppy sign language attempt for Soobin.

Soobin and I both clapped at his sign language attempt, even though it was barely understandable.

"Where did you learn that?" Soobin and me both asked at the same time.

I suppose Soobin must feel comfortable talking with his voice with Huening Kai and me now.
I love it, it's so cute.

"Oh, I have been trying to learn sign language ever since I met you two. And it definitely wasn't for eavesdroping or anything!" He said as he scratched the back of his neck indicating that he actually started learning to eavesdrop on us.

"Mhmm." I gave Huening Kai a glare then I turned to Soobin.

"Wow, Huening Kai started to learn sign language to eavesdrop on us! What should we do with him??" I signed to Soobin and giggled.

"Let's splash him with water, he is definitely crazy." Soobin signed back playfully.

"Hey hey, what are you two talking about?!?!" Huening Kai asked loudly.

"Awww man, to bad you don't know sign language!" I shouted at Huening Kai.

"I will soon! I'm taking lessons!" He said as he started to fan himself with his hand.

"Let's go Soob." I signed to Soobin and we both ran over to the water and Huening Kai ran after us both.

We splashed Huening Kai with water and he immediately started to splash us back.

We played for a while. Until we were soaked from the river water.

Then we sat down in the grass together and laughed until our stomachs and throats hurt.

Kinda.

Soobin pov.

I can't believe that she actually likes me back.. And that we just kissed. My heart is still beating fastly, and I can't stop thinking about the moment.

I can't even believe it! It doesn't seem real yet. Like perhaps I might wake up from another dream or something...

But on second thought, I am still deaf so it must be real. But it doesn't feel like it yet!

She has my first kiss.

Suddenly Huening was waving his hands in front of my face to get my attention.

"Huh? What is it?" I asked using my voice.

I can't hear my voice so I'm a bit nervous that it sounds silly, or maybe I talk too loud.. I'm not sure. But I want to feel more confident and comfortable with them both. Besides, all the unnecessary translating would be annoying.

"Huening Kai wants to know if you want to practice your lip reading skills.." Y/n said in sign language.

"Oh sure! Try me. I'm pretty intermediate. At least I think." I said.

Then Huening Kai started with something basic. I think he said. "Hi Soobin. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well! How about you?" I said.

Both Huening Kai and Y/n clapped. So I guess I got it right.

Huening Kai pov.

It feels nice to be friends with Soobin and Y/n. It seems like all my other friends don't like to spend time together like this.

I like hanging out with others.

We sat on the grass near the river. The weather was calm, not too hot and not cold. The temperature was perfect. There was no wind. It's a nice day!...

I decided to give Soobin a bit more challenge since he was lip reading quite well.

So I was speaking randomly while moving around a lot and looking from side to side and trying not to speak too slow or open my mouth too wide.

"Wow, the weather is so nice! Look at the birds! Look at the water! Look at that guy! He looks like a cute squirrel! Look at that car!!! Hahahaha!" I then stopped and just laughed, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Soobin tilted his head and said:

"Uh, yeah. They're pretty but did you say that guy looks like a cute girl??" He said confusedly.

I just fell over, with my face in the grass and I laughed my head off. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Too much sugar or something..

Then Y/n rolled her eyes at me and signed to Soobin what I actually said.

Soobin got super shy and embarrassed.

I finally stopped dying of laughter and sat up straight, dusted my shoulders and took a deep breath.

"Hey Y/n, why don't you try?" I asked Y/n who was sitting next to me and in front of Soobin.

"Sure." She replied.

Y/n pov.

I turned to Soobin and signed:

"My turn. Here we go."

He smiled then nodded.

When I was about to open my mouth to speak, Soobin was looking at my lips so he could lip read. Something about it is giving me butterflies again.

"Soobin, I love you." I said.

Huening Kai started to giggle.

"Y/n, I love you too." He replied.

His smile with his cute dimples and his blushing cheeks is sooo adorable.

I smiled and blushed.

"Haha!!! You two are flirting but you know I'm right here right?! Actually continue, I don't mind." Huening Kai teased.

I rolled my eyes at Huening Kai and Soobin only giggled.

Soobin is so good at lip reading though! He must be a fast learner. I wonder when he started to get a private teacher?

"Hey Soobin, when did you get your private teacher?" I asked with my voice and sign language (simcom) so he could lip read or just understand my sign language.

"It was a few days after we met. I always forgot to tell you about it. It's nothing crazy, just a teacher who is teaching me.. Heh-" he replied.

"Oh that's cool! It seems very useful." I smiled.

I also realized I didn't use any sign language just then, but Soobin seemed to understand me from lip reading.

Wow.

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I saw I had a text from my mom. She was asking if I could get home soon for dinner.

"I gotta go guys, my mom wants me back for dinner." I said, then repeated it in sign language since Soobin didn't quite catch what I said.

"Oki." They both replied at the same time.

--------------------------❥