• Chapter Nine •

It was many weeks later. Soobin and I became even closer friends. And we were lucky enough to not be bothered by Geonil and his idiot squad.

I sat alone at a table in the school cafeteria, eating my lunch.

It was hot lunch as always. I haven't got cold lunch since I was in middle school. Since my mom is too busy to make me lunch and I'm too lazy hehe. . .

And I am also thinking a lot about Soobin.

I have no doubt that it is love that I feel for him. It's just too obvious that it is love.

But it does sounds a bit scary at the same time. What if he only sees us as best friends? I feel like I'd be very sad if he never had feelings for me too.

Of course I'd understand and I'd still be his best friend. I'm not like Geonil. I would never try and force someone to like me back.

But what if Soobin felt uncomfortable around me if he knew I like him?

What if Soobin does actually like me back though?

Suddenly someone came and sat right next to me, slamming their food tray next to mine, causing me to forget what I was thinking about a second ago.

I look to see who it was and it was Huening Kai with his food tray full of food.

I gave him a glare and he gave a happy, bright smile in return.

"You know, you're quite rude to the one who saved your crush's life!" He stated still with the happy, bright smile.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to sound rude.. And wait! What makes you think I have a crush on Soobin?!" I asked, and stuffed a piece of garlic bread in my mouth.

"Come on, Y/n. It's so obvious to me, trust me, I'm a love expert for real." He said with a smirk.

"How is it obvious!?" I really can't stand the way Huening Kai likes to make me ask more and more questions before he actually gets to the point.

"For starters, you're so cold and not the one to ever make friends. But you are so so so close with Soobin and you have a soft spot for him. Your cheeks are even pink right now as we talk about it Y/n!!!" He said as he pointed to my cheeks and started laughing.

"Ughh, Kai stop it! You're going to make people look at me!" I said as I stopped eating and covered my pink cheeks and hit Huening Kai gently.

"Hehehehehe. You're so weird." He laughed but then turned to serious, "But seriously though, do you actually like Soobin?!??"

"Ugh, sjsnsisnskwosokdnslend.... Yeah. Yeah I do...." I mumbled very quietly, yet Huening Kai still heard it very clearly.

"Yay!!! I knew it! I really am an expert! Wow! I totally ship you two! Hmmm, makes me feel single again..." He was cheering then he started mumbling to himself.

"Want a reward Kai? Why are you so weird?" I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm not weird, I'm cool. You're the weirdo here. Ask Soobin, he would probably agree that I'm cool since I saved his life." He said in a sassy way that was getting on my nerves.

"Yeah, whatever. But thanks for helping anyway.." I said, making Huening Kai fan himself with his hand.

"No problem, it was simple." He said with a bright and spunky tone of voice, then suddenly turned serious again, "When will you confess to Soobin??!??" He asked.

"Ahhh, why are you asking??? Probably never because I'm too shy." I said shyly.

"You know Soobin is shyer. Plus, remember I am the love expert here?" He said while pointing to himself.

"Uh-huh, whatever." I rolled my eyes while continuing to listen to him.

"He clearly likes you too Y/n. Soobin and me have become friends ever since I saved his life." He said.

"What makes you think he likes me back?" I asked curiously.

"He talks about you 99% of the time. About how pretty you are, and how you stand out to him and everyone else is just a blur. And how his heart bea- actually I'm done!!!! You ask him for yourself! Just trust me, he likes you I can tell." He said, then stuffed his mouth with a garlic bread piece.

"Uh-huh, yeah, okay... But no promises.." I said, then took a sip of my tea.

"Mmmmkay! We'll see!" He smirked.

"Yeah, don't get your hopes high Kai." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Hey that rhymes." He giggles. "But my hopes and expectations are high."

"Well stop, because you might be very disappointed if I get way too shy to confess." I said to the Huening Kai who was eating a spoonful of rice.

"We will see, my friend." He winked, "Oh by the way, you're probably not coming to the school dance tomorrow right? Since Soobin doesn't come to the school, and you obviously wouldn't want anyone to dance with unless it was him." He asked.

"I will not go. Even if I didn't like Soobin, I would still not go to be honest. And why do you ask?" I asked him as he looked down suddenly.

"I was just asking. I won't be going either." He said.

"Oh, why not?" I asked him.

"I want to be with my crush but my love expert senses tell me that it's a one sided love..." he said sadly but still with a smile to try and hide the pain that he actually feels from it.

"How do you know?? Maybe you can ask her! Maybe she secretly likes you back." I said, trying to sound like a love expert.

"No, I already know the truth. Because HE likes you, and not me." He said.

Wait, it can't be Soobin, right? Or else he wouldn't act so excited to hear that I like him.

"Who is he Kai?" I asked curiously.

He took a deep breath before saying, "It's Geonil..."

_____________