General Muhammad Adeel.

How did that saying go again?

There's no place like home. He did relate to that, but for no joyful reason.

Adeels home seized to be a sanctuary for him long ago, it was instead only a place that brought back painful memories. Memories he had gone to great lengths to erase.

His face was set in a grimace as he walked up to the car in the middle of the convoy parked only a few feet away from the jet he'd just gotten off of, He had chosen the least flashy one.

The driver met him by the door,  "welcome home, sir."

There was that word again. Home.

He shut the door that had been opened close and got into the drivers seat instead "Thank you, Robert."

He turned to face him, slightly narrowing his eyes. "I am driving myself, Don't trail me."

Robert gave a sharp nod and handed the keys. It took Adeel precisely twenty minutes to get home, only because he drove like someone who was on a mission.

The Ahmad Buhari estate was located in the outskirts of the city. There was a five minute drive leading up to it and a checkpoint in between. The first thing adeel noticed was that the soldiers he'd specifically assigned to guard were seated leisurely on benches by the roadside.

He picked up his speed as he got closer to them. None of them attempted to move the needle stand which was an indication that they required him to stop first.

At least they were doing something right.

Adeel rolled down his window before coming to a stop. "Where you think say you wan go wey you dey speed like that?" (Where do you think you're going that you're speeding like that?) Was the first thing to leave the soldiers mouth as he rounded the car to the drivers seat.

His next words immediately choked up in his throat as he came face to face with who he'd just disrespected. It didn't matter that he did not know, the end result was sure to be the same.

"Is this how you greet my guests, lieutenant?" The said lieutenant almost shit his pants. The other soldiers on duty scrambled off the benches as well to check what was happening only to stop dead in their tracks. 

They all quickly regained their composure and stood in rigid attention, bringing their right hands up to a salute.

He raised his hands up to dismiss them.

"Forgive me general, I thought you'd come in the convoy." The lieutenant only now replied.

Adeel contemplated whether or not to admonish him there and then but decided against it and told him to meet him the following day.

He proceeded to drive into the gate of the estate. The contemporary two story house was built on about 800 sq m of land with an underground garage, infinity pool, cobblestone driveways/pathways on a vast sweeping lush-green courtyard, tall wrought-iron fences and a humongous gate. It was to put it lightly, a work of art. They had a real estate empire after all, that gave them the privilege of getting the very best.

General Muhammad Adeel Buhari is the first and only male child to his father Engr. Ahmad Buhari making him his sole heir. At the age of thirty one, he'd accomplished everything his sixteen year old self would have wanted and quite frankly even more.

Who else was a full general of the Nigerian army at thirty one? That achievement came with its price, ten years of dedicating his all and nearly losing an arm and a neck during a mission-literally- and still coming out victorious.