Acceptance.

Madinah.

For the first time today, I considered using my privilege to get special treatment. I needed an off day from work, I couldn't concentrate one bit. But when I compared how my day would go staying at home and trying to trace my husbands thoughts all day, and burying my worries in work.. the latter seemed like the better option.

General was going into work as well so we got ready together, and I somehow managed to get my husband to match with me, I deserve some accolades! We both dressed in mint green, I carried gold accessories and made him wear a gold watch. I actually didn't make him do anything, I pleaded with him and well now he loved me so things were easier.

We ate breakfast and got into the car so he could drop me off at work,

"You're not coming in here today?" I asked him playfully once he parked the car,

"No. I have a much more important job." Was his response.

"The one you discarded for the entire week I wasn't at home?" I wanted to hear him admit that he'd only come in as much as he did to see me.

"Maryaam, get your self inside before I drive off with you." He bit the words out at me, I was getting a bit late but teasing him was more fun than work.

"Bring your wife to work day?" I had my hands on the door handle already so the minute he gave me his signature glare, I giggled and opened up the door.

General pulled me back a bit from my shoulders, taking me aback when he planted a kiss on my lips and then on my forehead, then lastly on my hand, "No fraternizing with supervisors." He told me and let me go.

I was flushed from head to toe but it still didn't stop me from responding back, "Not making any promises." As I shut the door.

My guards stood outside of the car with stoic looks on the faces, it made me super embarrassed thinking that they may have seen us but what was there to see? Absolutely nothing. So I held my head high and walked into the building, burying my self in the stress of work. Before my marriage, I'd expected the absolute worst, so I wanted to be occupied enough that I wouldn't pay heed to it. Now all I wanted was to light up candles, cook my favorite dishes and wait for my husband to come home.

*********************************************

Third person.

General walked into daddy's home office at quarter past four pm, after a long day at work where he wasn't able to concentrate properly. He has never had to make such a decision in his life. Something that had very little to do with him and very much to do with the people around him.

He made a promise to her, she wanted him to keep the promise. He wanted to help her, she'd been through more than anyone would ever wish on their worst enemy, he'd promised to protect her, then he didn't get the chance to. Now he's finding out that she'd been waiting for him all this time and had gone out of her way to come find him and all but make him fulfill that promise. How could he turn her away?

Then there was his wife. They had been married for just over half a year, could he really do this to her? Wasn't there some sort of morality clause that prohibits that? He loved her, he'd hurt her enough, he couldn't bear to hurt her anymore. He would rather hurt all of them entirely than her alone, not her, never her. She would keep quiet, she would accept the pain, but he wouldn't want her to.

General wished that it was some other girl, any other girl, he wasn't above hurting someone's feelings, but yasmen was too involved, he ruined her life. They shared so much together, now that she needed someone, who was he not to be that for her? Such a simple act yet so complicated. By the time he drove through the gates of the main house though, he had made a decision.