A promise of forever.

Sixteen year ago.

A month flew by in the blink of an eye. The pair had now become best of friends, although Jalaal still made jest that she stole his friend, they were now more of a trio. School had resumed and as far as Aadil was concerned, everything was going as smooth as it could for two teenagers whose lives have turned upside down abruptly.. unbeknownst to him, the biggest bump was just stirring.

They even went to take passports to fill out their exam forms a few days ago, and yasmen had snuck one into his wallet, right next to Ami's picture. He saw it and simply smiled, he didn't mind having it there at all. Ami had gifted him that wallet so he never had plans of getting a new one.

But now, Yasmen hadn't been in school for two days. He texted her when he didn't see her at the pond that night either, and she'd responded to him saying that she had a headache, when he didn't see her in school the following day either, Aadil skipped school under false pretenses of a doctors appointment and went straight to yasmens home.

Her mother was the one who opened the door, "Good afternoon ummi." He greeted her, trying to hide his impatience and eagerness to see her.

"Good afternoon muhammad, how are you?" She asked him, they were never really that close so her clipped tone was not a wonder for him.

He answered that he was fine, and thankfully he didn't needed to ask because she told him, "Yasmen is upstairs, she's had a fever for a week now but she says it's just a headache. Please convince her to get checked." She told him as she led the way to yasmens room.

When they got there, he waited by the door as she told yasmen that he was there, before beckoning him into the room. Yasmen had now carelessly draped a scarf unto her hair and arms since she was in a sleeping gown.

The first thing Aadil noticed was her left hand that was firmly tucked under the duvet, he kept staring at it as he walked into the room and sat on the chair adjacent to the bed, "What's really wrong with you, Yas?" He asked her, thinking she was having panic attacks again.

He saw the scars on her arm a few days ago, when she'd rolled her sleeves up into school to perform ablution. They'd had a very heated moment where he said some harsh things out of worry, and she'd promised never to harm herself again. Could it be that that was what was wrong?

Yet, when yasmen brought her hand out from underneath the duvet and slowly presented the item in it, all breath whooshed out of his lungs. It was a known possibility, but never in a million years had the expected it. The doctors had done a test and it had come out negative, so why in the world did she hold a positive pregnancy test in her hands?

Aadil calmed his racing heart and decided to be very careful with his reaction since she was already scared shitless, "When did you take the test?"

"Two days ago. I've been having symptoms." She told him,

"Aren't the tests sometimes wrong ?" He asked her again, so yasmen opened up her bedside drawer where five different tests lay, the one in her hand was the sixth one she'd taken today.

He studied her face and her bloodshot eyes, she looked like she'd cried so much and no longer had any tears left in her. "Yas, everything will be fine. I promise, everything will be fine." Aadil did not know that he was reassuring her of the truth, but he knew that if he had a say, then everything will indeed be fine.