Conveyance 1.0

Maryaam Madinah.

Just as Ya aisha had said, my nap lasted one hour before I was being tapped on by Ammal. It was time for Asr so I prayed and started getting dressed.

Though Ayaan said we were leaving in the evening, I still had to go through series of meetings with my aunties and parents.

Zara and Ammal perfumed my skin throughly before handing me my dress and helping me into it.

Madinahs dress. (without the veil)

Ammal put a pearl necklace on my neck while zara adorned my arms in dainty white gold bracelets. I sat like a statue while they did their ministrations.

Lastly, one of them applied some gloss to my lips and mascara to my eyelashes to 'give me life' since I had specifically said I was not going to wear makeup. They packed my hair into a low bun which took the most time, while my hair was quite long, it was not easy to deal with at all.

I had 4c hair, that was the easiest way to describe it. Finally, they let me off the chair and helped me into the alkyabba that felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. It was so so heavy but so beautiful as well.

 It was so so heavy but so beautiful as well

Madinahs alkyabba.

"Simply stunning." Zara comments, they pulled the hood over my head and pulled me out of the room with them.

"We are going to go meet su aunty first." She meant my dads sisters and some of maama Sarah's sisters and friends.

"Assalamu alaikum." We walked into the room with Ammal and zara by my sides directing me cause my sight was very limited.

"Ina wuni." We all greeted simultaneously.

They responded to our greeting. The first person to speak was Aunty Halima, I recognized her voice. She was Abbie's twin, my family was a family of twins! Abbie had five sisters, only three lived close by so they were the ones present.

My grandmother lived in Katsina so she was going to come in a few weeks for the events.

"First of all I will start by saying madinah your level headedness and calmness is already unmatched! Duk Wanda ya sanki ya sanki da hankalinki, Saboda haka maganar da zamu yi yau shawara ce kawai." (Everyone that knows you knows how sensible you are. So whatever we are going to say here today is only additional advice.)