Second impression?

Maryaam Madinah. (Third person)

Madinah realized today that she was well past the age of snoozing alarms, she had work.

Therefore, with a loud groan she rolled out of bed. It was only six thirty, but she wanted to be early for her first day.

She took a quick bath and took extra time getting ready in a loose teal dress and accessorized with a belt. She tied her hair into a bun and wrapped a matching scarf on her head.

She was too sleepy to care to perfume her clothes with turaren wuta so she drenched herself in her jasmine and coconut mist more than usual.

It was already eight by the time madinah tidied up her room and went downstairs for breakfast, that consisted of an omelette and fruits per Ayaans insistance. She would've been perfectly fine missing breakfast.

Just as she rounded up breakfast, her brother strolled into the dining room dressed in black sweats and a long sleeved black t-shirt.

"Good morning Ayaa." She chirped.

His reply was a grunt, madinah chuckled lightly and followed behind him to the car. She'd basically blackmailed him last night into taking her to work instead of the driver, he had vehemently refused despite her pleading, yet here he was.

Once they got to the office building, madinah leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek which he pettily wiped away immediately,

"Call me when you're done, Allah hafiz." She simply smiled in reply and walked out and in to the reception.

She was lead to the HR unit where she sat along with two other people who happened to be interns for a long while.

It was nearly 10am when someone came to address them. She was told to meet the head of HR and was directed to his office.

Madinah knocked tentatively and then slowly pushed the door open to reveal a moderately spacious office. To the right was a shelf that contained different files and a plush coffee couch next to it.

A mini fridge was perched on the right, next to the mahogany table in the middle. a man sat behind the desk, fair, a bit lanky with a weird smile that rubbed her off in the wrong way.

"Good morning." She greeted, standing infront of the table.

"Architect, You may have a seat."

"Miss Maryaam madinah?" Madinah nodded her head.

"Why not Mecca?" She realized a few seconds too late that he'd cracked a joke, so she passed him a fake smile.

"I am Oladiwola David. The head of the Human Resources department, you can call me david."

"Yes sir,"

"I must say, these new employees are getting prettier by the number. You are quite beautiful."

Discomfort immediately shrouded madinah, surely it was not professional for him to compliment her?

She said nothing and instead counted the minutes till she was dismissed. He handed her the detailed job descriptions and took the information he needed, and just when she thought she could finally leave, he offered to show her to her office.

Now what in the world was the Head of Human Resources required to escort a new employee to her office, couldn't he assign someone else to do it? The man rubbed her off in a very wrong way, but in typical madinah fashion, she nodded at him and followed behind him.

Her office was on the next floor, she asked to take the staircase because she would not for the life of her get into an elevator with the creepy man. Reluctantly, he agreed.