Love undone.

Third person.

"I wonder if you keep testing me because this is exactly what you want." His voice came out raspy and muffled in between kisses,

Maryaam hummed, trailing her hands desperately down his chest. Unable to fathom any rational thoughts in that specific moment, she wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine and push him off of her, but more than that, she just wanted to feel something other than pain and rejection.

Generals hand trailed to her neck where he grasped it in his hold, "Is that why you let that man touch you? To threaten me? To tempt me to do the same?"

The words sounded degrading, but his tone sounded rather hurt, pissed, like he needed reassurance. Maryaam did not intend on giving him any.

His hand remained on her neck, almost threatening as he kissed her like she was air itself, unable to let go and unable to get enough. Momentarily he pulled back and stared at the desire and intensity in her eyes,

"You are my wife. Mine to look at, mine to touch. I don't give a fuck how flawed you think our marriage is."

A soft gasp escaped her lips when he wrapped her leg around his waist and picked her up effortlessly, carrying her to the bed without breaking the kiss.

Maryaam realized the gravity of the situation when he tossed her onto the bed and she lands with a soft bounce,

"Wait—" she wanted to be sure this was what she wanted because if they went this path, he could absolutely destroy her. After this, everything would change.

"Don't stop me now, maryaam. I need you more than I have ever needed anything before."

Her brows furrowed as she tried to fathom what she felt, what he ignited in her, and what she was willing to sacrifice for him in that moment. Oh she loved him, so much.

"I wasn't going to stop you, but—"

He sensed what she was going to say, so he beat her to it. "I am not going to humiliate you by telling you the biggest truth I would have uttered in my life in this state. When I tell you how I feel, it wouldn't be so you would give yourself to me."

General had known for a while that he would do anything for her, if only she asked. What he didn't know, was why. But he was no longer in the denial.

Everything he'd worked so hard for, the walls he took years to build all came crashing down when he met her. It all centered around maryaam. For her, admist her, in spite of her, because of her.

Shall he rage and be angry at her? Shall he cherish her, crave her, love her every bit as much as he even now did? Shall he ruin her? Destroy her in all the best ways?

It was incredible how carefully she'd worked her way into his life and trapped all of him in her tiny little fist. She destroyed him, she made him. Every. Single. Day.

With her compassion, with her kindness, with her beauty, with her touch, with her care, with her love.

He was at her mercy, every bit as much as she was at his, maybe even more.

When he joined her on the bed, frantic, desperate hands all but tore their clothes off of each other. Every item of clothing fell away with tugs and pulls until all that was left was heat and bare skin.