Ami.

Madinah.

"Inallilahi waina illayhi rajiun." I staggered back, my feet struggling to hold my weight,

"What do you mean? What does she mean? Where is Jalaal?" I looked around the room asking, my voice barely audible.

"He is not dead. He is in the ICU upstairs, he was impacted by the blast, they performed surgery but unfortunately he slipped into a coma. When she heard— she fainted, the doctor had warned her that her stress was affecting the baby prior to this, by the time we got to the hospital, she was drenched in blood. There was no heartbeat."

Jannah sister explained to me, air finally came back to my lungs. I sat on the chair by the bed and took Jannahs hands in mine,

"They said there's nothing more they can do, it's all up to him. He can't even breathe on his own so why are they leaving it up to him? Why are they giving up on my husband?"

She sobbed, squeezing my hand, "they're not Jannah, nobody is giving up on him, he will be okay, he will come back to us."

"I cannot be childless and a widow. I won't survive it." Now I was back to crying with her,

I finally found my voice enough to speak, my mommy was on life support for over a week before she passed. I know what it feels like having to hold on to someone you can't even see,

"Jannah, this is horrible, so so horrible. But you have to be strong. Jalaal i know would never leave you, not if he has anything to do about it. All you need to do is be strong and give him some encouragement, he will come back to us in sha Allah!"

"All of this is a test from Allah and it is so difficult, I know, but that is why it's a test. I know that you will be able to pass it because you are very strong, and you have alot of support."

She looked at me as she continued to cry, I cleared my throat and spoke up again, "we are going to pray so so hard for him, and we're going to know that whatever happened/happens from now was written and planned by Allah. We are going to have tawakkul, okay?"

Slowly she nodded her head, still crying and now clutching onto her stomach. It took twenty minutes of me hugging her for her sobbing to stop.

"Where is General?" She croaked out,

"He stepped in while we were on the phone."

"Is he okay?" What a selfless human being,

Is he okay? "I don't know." I told her honestly, not bothering to voice my concerns because whatever it is that's wrong with him, her case is clearly worse.

"You should go to him." She told me, I nodded and got up.

I was not even planning on staying this long, I just wanted to see if she was okay especially when I heard they were in a hospital, now I had to go home and figure out what is wrong with my own husband.

Perhaps he was just tired? He did not look physically ill, but he looked empty and was awfully silent.

I got in the car and they drove us home silently, once I got home, I met my entire family along with his in the living room, everyone was present including ya Aisha's husband, the only person missing was the owner of the house, my husband.

They all got up, some rushing to me, "Is she okay, did you see Jalaal?"

I shook my head slowly, I had no energy left in me. "Jannah lost the baby, Jalaal is in a comatose state."

A series of inallilahi waina illayhi rajiun's echoed the room. I could not stand one more second of sympathy and crying and reliving it, so I walked further into the room and greeted my parents,