Little Girl

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Queen Elizabeth gasped dramatically, almost fake, as she showed Kelly and me my ceremonial dress. It looked more like a wedding dress.

"Oh my goddess, mother!... It's gorgeous; it will look good on you, Laura!" Kelly said, sounding excited, "Maybe it should have a golden belt." She suggested as Queen Elizabeth stood up to pour herself some tea again.

She gasped again in surprise and turned to face Kelly and me, "I have a grand idea... what if we make the theme white and gold." She grinned from ear to ear.

Kelly squealed, jumping to her feet, "that's a great idea, mother. Just imagine the roses!"

"What do you think?" Both Queen Elizabeth and Kelly stared at me with eagerness and joy.

I nervously cleared my throat, "huh... I like it." I shrugged and gave a lovely, warm smile. They furrowed their eyebrows, feeling as if I missed something or said something wrong, "maybe we're missing something?" I asked nervously.

They clapped their hands, "Oh yes, the drinks!" They sang in unison, and then they turned back to their aim. Discussing my ceremony.

"Oh, Laura, you have a meeting with King Nathan," Sean stated suddenly. I jumped up on my feet and mouthed a 'thank you'.

"Very well, but make sure she's on time for her dress fitting," Queen Elizabeth said gracefully, waving her hand. I grabbed Sean's hand and ran out to the hallway when I knew we were far from the crazy Queen before we slowed down. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I have a feeling that she found out a piece of information that's making her so fond of you," Sean joked, wiggling his eyebrows as he moved ahead of me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Okay, Queen Elizabeth has been looking and acting weird around me. But what I know is that she does not like me that much at all.

"Haven't you noticed?" I bit my lip, then nodded, "Just like always." He mumbles.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"After the death of the King, the Queen became so crazy for power that she even tried to kill one elder," I gasped. "Then she tried forcing Nate to mate with Tracy so they can bear a powerful heir even though he found you."

"I remember that," I muttered. I furrowed my eyebrows when I realized we were not heading to Nate's office, "where are we going? Ain't we going to see Nate?" I asked.

"We are," we walked through two grand doors, entering the throne room from the other time I came here.

Violins played softly with Nate standing in the centre of the room with blood-red rose petals surrounding him. He wore his usual black suit and a white rose in his hand. Also, he had his billion-dollar smile. "I'll be outside if you need me," Sean muttered happily, stepping out quickly.

I blushed, walking down towards Nate, and once I was in front of him, he handed me the white rose. I blushed, reached out to take the rose, and murmured, "Thanks." Stepping close. He kissed my cheek, "Hope you love it?" He asked, making me blush wildly. I looked away so he could not see, but I pretended to look around, and it looked weird with just us and people in a corner playing their violins.

"Don't look away," he made me stare back into his eyes. "I love that I make you blush," I felt his arm seeking around my waist as his free hand caressed along my arm until it met my hand. He raised my hand with his.

"What are you doing?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Having our first dance," he chuckled. "The night we met, we had to dance," he kissed my cheek as we moved slowly, following the slow, soft rhythm of the violins. "But we didn't get the chance."

I leaned my head on his broad shoulder, releasing a sigh happily, enjoying the touch of my mate.

"Did you miss me that much," I nodded, closing my eyes and listening to his heartbeat. "Was mother rough on you?"

"She's being nice weirdly," I murmured.

"What do you mean?"

"She's taking the ceremony very well, and she and Kelly were excited with planning the entire thing... Gold and white," I giggled at the last words I said, reminded of how Kelly and Queen Elizabeth said those words. "I have a dress fitting after this."

He pulled away, "You found your dress!?" He asked with excitement.

"Well..." I bit my lip, afraid that if I told Nate, his mother was the one who chose the dress.

"Well, what?"

"... Your mother chose it."

He groaned as he pulled away from me and looked down at me, "Laura, the ceremony is your day, not my mother's."

"It's okay... She knows more than me."

He sighed, "Laura, you have a saying on this... during the fitting, make some requests, okay." He placed his warm palm on my cheek as I nodded. He leaned forward, planting a kiss on my forehead, "Now go on, I'll see you later." He walked away. Letting go of his hand broke my heart as if I may not go see him again.

"Okay, princess, time for fitting," Sean said, walking in and clapping his hands.

*~*~*

"Beautiful Luna," Madame Flora said, stepping back as I gazed at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a heart-shaped hugging mermaid dress with gold trims at the hem and a gold belt around my waist.

"I feel it's too much," I muttered nervously, wondering who this woman in front of me in that mirror was.

"Oh, don't worry, nothing is too much, but... something is missing," she said, staring at me from head to toe, and I saw pride written all over her face.

"What do you mean?" I looked down at myself and then at her, "The dress is perfect."

"That's it!" She sang as she clapped her hands, which made me flinched a bit. "The shoes, we can't go out without shoes." She walked towards, "Don't leave, I'll be back!" She yelled, running out to the other room.

This dress felt like a dream, as if everything right now was just in my mind and that once I opened my eyes, things would go away. I'd return to my hated pack and be with my loving family again.

Suddenly, I heard tiny footsteps and giggling coming from the hallways. I turned to look out the open doors, but there was nothing so I turned back to the mirror then again I heard it again, but when I turned, I saw a little girl standing out there.

"Hello?" I said, confused at what I saw. I didn't know if there were any children in the palace.

The little girl wore a bright red blouse and a pink dress with white collars. Her hair colour was not clear to me, but it was long and tied up into high pigtails. From what I saw, I felt like I knew this little girl. "Where's your mommy?" I cooed, slowly stepping down the platform. When I walked towards her but ran off, "No, wait!" I jogged out of the room. Once I was out, I realized Sean was not there. "Sean! Sean!" I called out, but only silence responded, then tiny footsteps and giggles.

My heartbeat was pacing against my chest. Sandy, what's going on!? I tried talking to my wolf, but she was quiet. Sandy!

I followed the sounds of the little girl's footsteps; somehow, I was walking into the dark forest until I saw her. I gasped at the sight of the little girl who stood in front of me was... me. She giggled and then pointed straight at me. As I turned, something hit me, and everything went dark...