Vampire Blood Ball

"I'm not sure about this, Sam," the nervous brown-haired teenager said. She glanced up at the building, then at her friend.

"Don't worry, Em's. You will be in safe hands," Sam said, smiling. "I've done this many times, and it's for a good cause."

Em sighed, nervous about donating blood because of needles. "Okay, let's get this over with." She nodded, and Sam laughed while squealing before pulling her friend into a hug.

"Come, come!" Sam ordered, pulling away from their friendly hug as she pulled Em's wrist into the building.

"Welcome back, Sammy," a nurse greeted with a chipboard in hand. "Donating again?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, "And so is my friend, Emily." She pulled Em into view.

"Let me guess, Sam talked you into donating." The nurse grinned, "But don't worry, Emily, you're in safe hands, and this is for a good cause."

Em smiled, "what now?" She asked, gulping a large lamp in her throat.

"Oh, you fill out this form and drink something."

"Drink something?" Sam asked, confused.

The nurse handed both Sam and Em a form, "Oh yes. We perfected a new substance that prevents lightheadedness, nausea, etc..." She smiled before turning her heels and headed elsewhere.

Minutes later, she returned with two small glasses with some red liquid. She handed them the drink.

"Bottoms up," Sam said as they threw the liquid down their throat.

"Wow, that tastes sweet," Em commented, licking her lips and enjoying this new liquid. She didn't know what she just drank or wanted, but if she knew what was the actual process for that substance, what it was doing in their blood.

*~*~*

Laura's POV

I stared at the beautiful me in the mirror. My grey hair was straightened, twisted and pinned up with the royal crown. I wore a deep red v-neck, long flowing dress. The back was lace, and on the side, a slit that reached my knee. Nate feared wearing high heels, so I wore four inches of black sandlots. But Nate would have me take off these shoes after the ball.

"My beautiful Queen, are you ready to leave for the ball?" I blushed as I turned to see my handsome King. Nate's dark hair brushed back neatly, and he wore a sharp black tux, which showed his perfect Greek god-like body. Just the sight of him made my mouth water.

"Love, close your mouth, or else I'll give you a kiss you will never forget," he warned, flashing his dangerous smile.

I quickly shut my mouth and stretched out my hand for him. "How can I forget about your kisses?" As I gracefully walked down the platform, I asked, "I'm ready."

"You are breathtakingly beautiful," he said. I leaned forward and pecked his cheek. "How about a bit closer to my lips?" He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close.

I tilted and smiled, "I don't want you messing with my makeup. Let's go."

He groaned, "You'll be sorry when we come back." He tightened his embrace and grinned seductively.

I leaned forward, "We shall see about that." I whispered into his ear. As I pulled away, I bit his earlobe, earning a low growl from him.

"You little vixen," he murmured under his breath.

"I'm a werewolf," I winked, pulled out of his embrace and grabbed his hand. "We'll be late," I mention.

*~*~*