Training

"... And this is where your father will hand you off before the moon goddess to your mate, Alpha King," Mrs Kane exclaimed gracefully, walking past us towards the throne. Lily Kane was a forty-year-old cheerful Barbie-like woman with chocolate brown eyes. She was planning my introduction ceremony with Elizabeth.

"Now, Queen Laura," Mrs Kane spun, facing me, making me flinch back. "I hear that you are the long-lost daughter of the moon goddess." She said softly, tilting her head and grinning like a creep.

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "I was never lost." I said.

"Oh," surprise took her. "Well, that would make a noble story," she murmured, but she snapped out of her trance. "Okay! So you have parents. You know the adopted parents..."

I wasn't sure if that was an insult or... Okay, I'm not sure.

"I have parents."

"Good! Then call them over so we can prepare your big day!" She cheered, clapping her hands. Then turned to Elizabeth, "Remember to send me the menu. I'll prepare this place and ensure our Queen has an amazing dress since everyone is coming!" She sighed happily, "Now, off I go, and Royal family, I'm honoured to serve you. Outstanding day." She bowed and walked away.

"What was that?" Nate asked once Mrs Kane vanished.

"The planner," Elizabeth said, smiling. "After training, we need to decide on the music and then cake tasting," she walked out.

"Everyone is serious about this," I mumbled to myself, but Nate heard me and pulled me into a hug. "This feels like a wedding," I whispered.

"Technically, it is a wedding of some sort," Nate whispered into my ear, then kissed my temple.

"Okay, love birds, let's get training," Sean said, and we pulled away from the hug. I imagined Nate shirtless like last time. Without realizing it, my cheeks were heating.

"What are you thinking about?" I snapped out of it and glanced at Nate.

"Oh, nothing much," I shrugged. "I just won't mind seeing you train, that's all," I grinned devilishly.

He chuckled nervously," Huh... I need to tell you something. You'll be training too," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea..." Sean said, "You must know how to defend yourself and control your shifting."

"Oh, okay," I nervously murmured, looking down at my feet. "So, which one of you is training me?" I asked, glancing at them, imagining being with shirtless Nate or joking around with Sean.

They glanced at each other, then at me, "Don't hate us." Sean said nervously.

"But... We're helping you because you are much more powerful than us. Even more powerful than me. So we had to ask one person who knows about lycans and has powers almost matching yours."

"Who?" I asked.

"Good morning, princess," I heard a deep husky voice behind me. I slowly turned, and there he stood, flashing his pearl-white teeth and blood-red eyes. "So... who's ready to train?" John asked.

My eyes widened in fear, and my heart started pacing fast. I glanced at Nate and Sean in shock. Why him!?

'Maybe this is your chance, Laura.' I suddenly hear Sandy's voice, 'You may find out if he's planning on attacking the wolves and reason.'

But he is a vampire! She snapped a growl, and I quietly agreed.

After changing into something comfortable for training, Sean and Nate gracefully handed me over to him, who decided it would be a great idea to train out in the woods. Away from everyone and away from any eyes. It's not safe for me to be alone with a vampire.

"Okay, princess, are you ready?" He said, grinning foolishly.

I crossed my arms, "maybe you should stop calling me princess." I said, glaring at him.

He chuckled, "Looks like someone transformed from a shy pup to a big bad wolf. But then again... You remain of someone that I'm not sure about."

'Okay, let me have him! Let me have him!' Sandy growled, pacing back and forth in my mind.

"Now, no time for chitchat princess. A hundred laps," he clapped his hands. "Around the castle."

I gaped, "Are you crazy!?" I gasped in shock.

"Don't make me add another hundred," he lifted a brow, and I groaned. "I'll be watching from afar..." Then he disappeared.

"Stupid vampire," I growled before starting my run.

Nathan POV

I watched as Laura walked into the woods with John. I know Laura hates me for leaving her with John. But I had no choice. Laura was more powerful than us, especially in her wolf form. She was as tall as me and had beautiful white fur, and her hip had her magnificent crescent mark. Even though she holds great power, I still want to protect her.

"She so hates us," Sean said, gazing out at the edge of the woods, and I nodded. "Wanna train until they get back?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "why not." I said as I took off my vest, and he followed.

Once we were out of clothes, Sean shifted into his chestnut-brown wolf. I imagined my raven black wolf but didn't feel my bones moving, not even as my fur grew. I looked at my hands, and still nothing happened. "What's going on?" I asked myself, trying to connect with my wolf, but there was silence.

I heard a whimper and glanced down at Sean's wolf, who looked up at me confused. He tilted his head.

I furrowed my brows. What was going on? "I-I can't shift..." I glanced down at my hands, "I can't shift!"