Family Breakfast

His brown eyes stared through the glass full of a golden brown liquid. He looked like he wanted to take a sip but was afraid to. "Sean..." I softly called out, and he slowly turned his gaze. I saw pain and fear in his eyes. "May I take a seat?" I asked, pointing at the empty stool next to him.

He faked a smile and nodded, looking back into his glass. I slowly took a sit on the stool and stood quietly. I wasn't sure if I could say something or not.

"Did he tell you?" He asked in a low tone. I kept quiet and nodded my head 'yes', and there was silence again. "Remember when you were kidnapped?"

Of course, I remember! I thought in my head.

"I saw her... First, as a last time, I saw her then..." He leaned back with a groan. "She turned into this beautiful woman that I imagined she looked as if was still alive." His voice cracked.

He misses her...

"This must be a family curse," he muttered, lifting his glass slightly.

My hand grabbed his wrist and lowered his hand that held the glass. "What do you mean by 'family curse'?" I asked softly.

"When I was a child, my mother died in a car wreck. Then, my father went crazy and depressed. Months later, he killed himself." He painedly said, "I moved here because my only family was my uncle. He was the royal's beta, so I had to stay with him. He lost his mate years before I was born, so he was cold-hearted and cruel."

Wait... So the Crescent pack has a beta, but I haven't seen him. Maybe he was in Crescent Royal Palace overseas.

"Before Nate and I were sent away to Silver Moon, pack my uncle dead. I was alone, had no one..." He whispered the last words, "but when I met May." A ghostly smile appeared.

"She made you feel whole," I said warmly.

He grinned and chuckled, "Yes... But I have to move on but can't, knowing I won't. I have someone special to love for the rest of my life."

"Don't worry, Sean, things can change for the best," I gave him an encouraging smile. "Have a good night's sleep."

I gave him a warm smile before jumping off my stool, then walked out, heading back to Nate's and my room.

I feel sorry for Sean; he lost everything and everyone, and I couldn't believe he was this loveable, friendly person. If only there were such a thing as a second chance, mate.

'Well, there is a way,' Sandy's voice echoed in my head.

What did you mean? I asked.

'Huh... Hello! You're the daughter of the moon goddess and have finally shifted meaning... You have abilities.' She said in a duh tone.

What abilities? I still don't know them that much!

I heard her sigh, 'I'll tell you one, and that's... You can turn a werewolf or human into a Lycan just like... You know.'

Like my father...

'Werewolves that don't have mates will have immortality until they find their mates. But werewolves that lost their mates through death will have a second chance, mate.'

I chuckled by myself. Do you even think Sean would want to be a Lycan?

'It is his choice. You cannot turn anyone into a Lycan without their permission.'

That sounds fair enough. But someone has to become something to have what they want. What if someone wants to be a Lycan for their pleasures? To have the power. I don't want history to repeat itself. I walked into the room, and Nate stood there waiting for me. He smiled a bit, and I smiled back, "How is he?" He asked.

I walked towards him, "He is deep in thought, but I think he needs time to himself." I mumbled.

He pulled me into a warm embrace, "It's okay." He whispered, planting a kiss on my head. "His strong." We stayed in our warm embrace for a while. I was enjoying our sparks and his scent. I lifted my head, gazing into his eyes. I've always loved his eyes; they reminded me of the forest.

"I love you, my beautiful mate," he whispered, leaning forward for a kiss. "I will do anything and everything in my power to have you with me forever."

We continued kissing. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close as he tightened his hold around my waist.

"I love you too," I whispered through the kiss.

"Let's move somewhere comfortable," I yelped in surprise as he scooped me up bridal style. I giggled, "I need to massage your aching body."

"I won't mind what you have planned," I whispered and winked.

*~*~*

Nate and I went to the dining room for breakfast with everyone the following day. Kelly, Elizabeth, Elder Smallwood, Elder Wood, Elder Stone, Nathan and I had a quiet breakfast in one room. I was feeling nervous and overwhelmed. I don't know why there's a sudden "family" gathering. There must be something up.

"Why are you nervous?" I heard Nate whisper, snaking his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him as we walked towards a double door.

I nodded, "Why is there a sudden family breakfast?" I asked, glancing up at him.

"I need to talk to everyone about something important," he said with an emotionless face. He is in a business mood. "Today, I won't be around. I'll be in my office the whole day. Maybe even night."

I furrowed my brows and tilted my head, "is something wrong? Do you need my help?"

He shook his head, "not now. Now let's go in." He nods his head towards the door, "We're late."

Two guys at the door opened one door as we walked in. Elder Smallwood, Elder Stone and Elder Wood stood, bowed their heads, and returned to their seats. Elizabeth and Kelly stayed seated and bowed, too.

The dining table was like those in a wealthy family home. On both ends, the head of the table was empty. One side of the table was entire. The left side of Elizabeth and Kelly were seated there. On the right side, there's one empty chair next to the head chair, and the rest were Elder Smallwood, Elder Wood and Elder Stone. Nate pulled his arm away, took my hand, and led me towards the table. He pulled the chair on right out for me. I nodded as a thanks for how he was such a gentleman. He took his seat on the table's head.

Once seated, the doors opened, and maids rushed in with food in hand as the last maid filled our glasses with orange juice. "Thank you for coming," Nate's voice beamed out. "I called you all about pressing matters. As you know, we don't know the actual location of the Lycan brothers, so I'm doubling security."

Kelly groaned, "Come on, Nate!" She yelled, earning a glare from Elizabeth. "Sorry," she muttered, lowering her head.

"This is sudden, your majesty," Elder Wood said, confused. Well... We all are!

"Why?" Elder Smallwood asked, "It is not like you're leaving?" He furrowed his brows.

Nate cleared his throat, "I have my reasons. So, Kelly, you'll go with two guards —"

"WHAT!? I have trouble with having Jarred hovering around me at school and my lifestyle!" She cut him off. "Why?" She asked.

Elizabeth faked a cough and glared daggers at her daughter. "Let your brother speak. His, your King," she said.

"Also, you too, Laura," Nate said, grabbing my hand. "Sean won't be there." I furrowed my brows, "he has pressing matters, too. Mother, you and Laura should continue to plan Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony. Elders, we discuss the future of our werewolf society." There was silence, "let's eat."

'Something's wrong,' Sandy's voice entered my mind. I agree something smells fishy, 'and I have a grim feeling.'