Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part One)

The big day was finally here! My nerves were high and tense. The ceremony felt more like a wedding than a crowning ceremony. Still, I was about to declare as the Luna Queen. I'm glad my family was here to help and support me from this busy and memorable moment. Also, talking to them made me miss being with my family.

I also formally met with Chloe, Pete's mate. She's lovely and caring and was really in love with Pete. I enjoyed her company. She's the daughter of a beta in the Grey Moon pack, which Pete needs in his life. "Your royal highness, it's time to wake up!" I snapped my eyes awake, hearing Kelly yelling at the top of her lungs.

Turning to my side, I groaned, "Come on, lazy bones!" I heard Chloe laugh.

"One more minute," I mumbled, hiding my face in my pillow. I heard whispering until there was silence, finally peace. Suddenly, I'm dragged out of bed. I gasped in shock and screamed as my butt landed on the floor. I glared up at the two mischievously. Kelly and Chloe had gotten close and well with each other, and they loved playing some tricks and games even though Chloe was three years older.

"Off your bum, queen, and go have a bath," Kelly said playfully, glaring down at me with her arms crossed.

I slowly stood on my feet and took a deep breath, "today is the day." I murmured under my breath nervously.

"Indeed, it is, and you need to hurry in the shower so we can get you covered in make-up and dressed," Chloe said, pushing me towards the bathroom. "Now shower!" She ordered and slimmed the door at me. Today, I would be a Queen, and I'm scared out of my pants. I can't believe I'm destined for this. I would rule over all wolves.

I'm the daughter of the moon goddess and the most hated Lycan... Derek, the great. I'm to raise the lycans, and I'm the mate of the Alpha King. After showering, I was forced to wear comfortable clothing (which I don't mind), sweatpants and an oversized shirt. Then I dragged out to find two guards, Reef and Reed. They were twins.

They are hilarious and exciting, but I couldn't tell them apart at first. But I now see it: Reef has blue eyes and golden blonde hair, whilst Reed has dark blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. "Hello, Luna," Reef greeted.

"How are you this fine morning," Reed asked cheerfully.

"Hello, Reef," I greeted with a nod. "Nervous," I smiled.

"Oh, don't be nervous, Laura," Chloe calmly said, touching my shoulder and squeezing me. "It's not like a wedding."

"Well..." Kelly glanced over at us, "in a way, it is like a wedding." She mumbled.

"Princess, that's not helping," Reef said, tilting his head at me.

"Sorry, Laura," she murmured. That's when I realized my heart was pacing fast.

I sighed, "It's okay. I'll be fine," I smiled.

Finally, we reached the beauty room. This was where I'd get the royal treatment, hairdressing, manicure, pedicure and many other beauties. My nightmare because I sat on a chair for hours. The doors opened, and I found Elizabeth, Mom and Elder Sophia. Elder Sophia is Elder Wood's mate. She studied and teaches about werewolf culture and tradition. She came to ensure that this ceremony goes to a point.

I nervously gulped, "Maybe I should have breakfast first."

"Oh, don't worry, Luna, we have apples in there." I heard Mrs Kane's voice from behind, and she gently grabbed my arm. "Come, come, let's get you prettied up." She dragged me in. "Okay, you'll have a mud mask and be in a spa, then have your hair washed and your nails done," she kept dragging me, talking and talking.

"Oh dear," I furrowed my brows as she pushed me onto a seat. I stared at my worried self in the mirror. This will be an all day for me.

Hours of beauty treatment terror, and I never knew beauty could be a pain. But I couldn't believe I would feel this good. My skin felt soft as a baby's behind, my nails smooth, and my hair cleaned and styled. My make-up was light but visible. My hair had a bit of curls, and white flowers and moonflowers were decorated. "Where is the dress?" Elder Sophia asked as everyone buzzed around in a hurry.

"Here!" Mrs Kane said as two maids rushed in with big white puffy dresses. I believe Mrs Kane and Elizabeth have chosen it.

"That's too much," Mom said, glaring at the dress like it was about to kill someone. "I know you don't want that," she whispered.

"Okay, you can go," Elder Sophia ordered Mrs Kane and Elizabeth, the two maids, who placed my so-called dress on a chair. "Mrs Cross, you have a few minutes until the Luna Laura to dress, for dusk is upon us."

She walked out, and Mom turned me to face her. "Oh, my beautiful daughter," she said in a soft motherly voice. "I know I'm not your birth mother and that you know your mother is there. But you need to know I love you, no matter what."

"Mom, you may not be my birth mother, but you are my family, and no matter what happens, I know I have you, Dad, Pete and Chloe. I love you all," I said, pulling her into a hug.

She pulled away, "Oh, before I forget, I have something for you." She turned on her heels, walking towards her seat. "I felt that Eliza-bitter would do something about your dress." She pulled a massive silver box and walked towards me, "Here, this is for you, my dear daughter."

I slowly took the box and opened it, "Mom!" I gasped, glanced up at her, then at the dress. I pulled out the dress and admired it, "thank you."

There was a knock on the door, "I think that's my sign to go." We chuckled before embracing, and she walked away.

It amazed me how beautiful this dress was; it was heart-shaped and hugged me up to my waist, then flowed down to my toes. The sleeves flowered lace. It was simple and perfect, just for me. Elder Sophia stepped in as I was slipping on my heels, and she wore an elegant green dress. "Oh, you are beautiful, dear," she said warmly. She walked towards, "I knew Edward was right about you."

I furrowed my brows, "Edward?" I asked.

She chuckled, "Elder Wood, my mate. Now come, come," she ordered, and I stood as we walked towards the door, she explained. "Back then, the King's mate would wait at her family home for her father to take her to her mate. It is a sign of respect and a new role of protection. So now you will wait for your father to take to your mate."

She smiled before opening the door, revealing Dad in a tux. He looked handsome in a tux. He gave me his encouraging grin and offered his hand. "Now remember you have to give her hand to her mate, Nathan, then step back." Elder Sophia continued as I placed my hand on Dad's. "Don't worry. Alpha Nathan made sure guards kept a watch on you guys as you headed to the ballroom. Now, good luck," she gave me two thumbs up, then ran off through the dark hallways.

"She seems nice," Dad said, breaking the silence.

I chuckled, nodding my head. "She is," I smiled.

We silently walked through the hallway until Dad said, "I'd miss you." I glanced up at him, "I thought it was just because the house was quiet without you and even Pete, but no. It's because I miss my only daughter."

"Dad—"

"I know you know your birth mother, maybe even your father, but this... Having me here to present you to your mate is a great honour. Just know you are my daughter. Even though we don't share blood, I'm proud to call you my daughter. I love you no matter what."

I jumped in a hug towards Dad, "I love you too, Dad." My voice cracked, tightening my hug.

We pulled away, "now let's present you to the public as Luna Queen." He leaned forward, planting a kiss on my forehead.

We turned on our heels to face the double doors. Suddenly, the doors opened, and my eyes widened at seeing a hundred thousand people.