War (Part Two)

The rogues were outnumbered and losing this time, but it didn't stop them from fighting. They were being compelled to fight until their last dying breath. Nate felt a sudden strength as he kept fighting, even though his shoulder had a burning pain. All he could think about was killing Christopher and Oberon and finding his beloved mate. He was afraid that he would be too late and find something worse.

He lost a lot of important people in his life. His father died, his mother went insane, and his mate, who was carrying his son, was missing.

Christopher was killed as much as he could. He was planning on killing Nate, for he was the one ruining their plans. His eyes glanced around, and he saw who he wanted, Nathan. Nate was so busy fighting two rogues that he didn't realise someone was watching him. Christopher stalked towards Nate. Ready to kill. However, he stopped, feeling his blood starting to boil. He shifted back into human form, and pain burned in his entire body.

He glanced around at Ivy. Her arm stretched out, and her hand almost close to a fist. He glared at her and tried to move his body towards her, but her magic was too powerful. Suddenly, he felt something warm streaming down his face. It was his blood. Ivy grinned evilly, enjoying the pleasure of slowly killing Christopher. She wanted him to suffer as she ripped his heart out of his chest. He started choking on his blood.

Ivy clenched her hand into a tight fist. Christopher's chest blasted open, and his heart jumped out into Ivy's palm.

"Who says a girl can't play dirty," she said, glancing at her hand that held the beating heart before dropping it.

Suddenly, there was a howl from afar, which grabbed everyone's attention. Oberon and Elsa appeared. But not alone. Behind them were shadow-like wolves with cloudy grey eyes, and they all looked dangerous and ready to kill. What made everyone crowded mostly was the power that surrounded them.

"Lycan souls," Ivy gasped in shock. "How did they..." She realised they used Laura's powers of her goddess' half to get over to God's world.

"But how?" Sean asked, groaning in pain and annoyed.

"Elsa must have used Laura's powers," Ivy said in fear.

Nate snapped a growl, "We can kill them!"

"I'm afraid that will be impossible," Noah said.

"Indeed," Ivy muttered. "Those lycans are already dead... Their souls only. Spirits!"

"Then how can we kill them!?" Sean yelled in fear and surprise.

Ivy sighed and shrugged, "I'm not sure... Noah and my magic aren't that strong as a goddess."

"We need Laura..." Sean muttered slowly, turning his head to Nate.

Nate's emotions were overwhelming him at that moment, and hearing his mate's name hurt him more than his wounds. He realised that not only did he need his mate, but everyone did need her. He closed his eyes tightly and sighed, "Then we are useless..." He said with pain.

"Nate-"

He cut off Sean before he could say anything, "NO! I failed Laura! And failed everyone!"

Silence stretched around them until "You didn't fail us." A voice beamed out; that's when Nate realised that everyone had heard him.

"You will fail us and Luna Laura if you forgive us," Liam said, walking out of the crowd. "We will follow you til the end because you are our king."

Suddenly, everyone cheered in agreement and courage. They are a pack of the crescent, even though they are in different packs. They are still one. Nate smiled weakly as he turned on his heels and walked in front, facing Oberon and Lycan's soul pack. He would fight until his last breath. Oberon grinned evilly and was impressed at these wolves' courage, especially Nathan. Facing the dead to their death. Oberon tilted his head, "attack." He breathed to Elsa.

She nodded her head and clenched her necklace, "ATTACK!" She yelled. The Lycan souls roared, burrowed their claws in the dirt and ran towards Nate and his pack. Compelled to do one thing...

Kill!

Nate and his pack kept their heads high and claws out, waiting for the first blow. Even though their heartbeats were racing, they stood there bravely. Just as the Lycan soul pack was just a few meters away, someone ran barefoot. They pushed their way to the front beside Nate and released a roar.

Things froze...

Nate glanced to see what this person was. A spark of joy and relief dawned on him; his mate, Laura, stood beside him. Her head held high, and her fearless look made her a warrior queen. However, Oberon and Elsa were not happy about this. They expected her to be dead or unconscious. She released another roar of power, and the Lycan soul pack whimpered and whined. Slowly bowing down in submission. "What's going on!?" Oberon murmured between his teeth. Angry about this cowering display in front of him.

Laura smirked, "have you forgotten? I'm the moon goddess' daughter. I have powers like hers." She said proudly. She lifted her arm and pointed a finger at Oberon and Elsa, "Attack," she ordered. Without hesitation, the Lycan soul pack snapped their heads towards Oberon and Else.

Oberon held his head high, "You can use your magic on them, right—" he glanced over to see Elsa already running for her life.

He glanced back at the lycans and growled before snapping out his claws. If Elsa won't stop them, then he will. Just as the Lycans ran, he ran towards them. A shadowy cloud of lycan souls surrounded him until he was no more. His howls were heard. The shadows of darkness faded away, and so was Oberon. Elsa panted loudly, trying to find a way out of the woods, but she halted. She was seeing her brother, Noah, in front of her.

"Brother," she gasped, furrowing her brows and putting up an innocent face. "Please help me... I am your sister," she said, faking a smile.

Noah shook his head, "You're no sister to me." He said in a deep, husky voice.

"W-what?"

"Come, come, little one," Ivy's voice beamed as she walked out of the shadow of the woods and stood next to Noah. "The ancestors would love to have a word with you." She said.

Noah and Ivy began to chant, and Elsa slowly backed away and shook her head. No. No. NO!" She screamed as the ground cracked under her feet, "Noah, please! Please help me!" She cried out as arms reached out, grabbing her legs. "NOAH!" Noah lowered his eyes but kept chanting, ignoring the cries and pleas of his baby sister. His siblings cry for him. Elsa saw her brother ignoring her pleas. She knew he had no authority over the ancestors. She knew right then that she was wrong to doubt her brother's density.

She clenched her eyes shut, letting her tears roll down her face as she felt herself being pulled into the ground. Once dragged in, the earth closed up, leaving no trace of cracks or anything. It was normal.

"Come on, Noah," Ivy muttered, patting Noah's back. "We have issues to deal with."

*~*~*

Once the shadow faded with Oberon, the park howled and cheered joyfully. The war was over, and the Lycan brothers were all dead.

"Laura!" Nate murmured, pulled into a tight hug. "I was so worried about you," he said emotionally.

"I missed you too," Laura muttered, wrapping her arms around Nate's waist. Taking his scent and warmly.

Nate pulled away from their embrace and slammed his lips on his beloved mate's lips. Their kiss was passionate and long.

"I love you, Laura." Nate panted, placing his forehead on Laura's. "I love you."

"I — Ahh!" Laura whimpered in pain, pulling from Nate.

"What's wrong!?"

Laura placed one hand on her bump and slowly slid her hand down to her inner thigh. As she pulled her hand up, she gasped in shock. Her fingertips had blood on them. She glanced up at Nate, who was also shocked and worried, before falling into Nate's arms. She glanced up, feeling lightheaded, "I'm sorry..." She whispered, "I had no choice."

That's when he realised that Laura had shifted. "Laura! Laura!" He called out as he shook to keep her awake, but she flickered. "Help!" He yelled and shook her, "Someone helps us!" His tears fell out and landed on Laura's cheek, and everything went dark for her.