Chapter 10

Kelsey sat at the table enjoying her drink as she watched everyone communicate and talk

Kelsey sat at the table enjoying her drink as she watched everyone communicate and talk .

After work Kelsey made her way to Mia's family's Sunday dinner . That's one thing she loved about Mia, her family was genuine and cared about family time .

"Kelsey baby , why you over here by yourself?, you look like a sad puppy girl."Mia's mom came over with a cup of sweet tea.

"Mama d I'm waiting for Mia to come out the bathroom and sam to fix her plate"Kelsey laughed.

Mama d joined in moving her cup to her other hand "oh mkay you got you some dessert? Hattie just brought it in a few minutes ago.".

"No ma'am , after all that food I just ate that dessert gone have to wait till my stomach settle."Kelsey spoke turning her attention to Mia who was walking over.

"Alright love"mama d nodded turning her head spotting Mia as well" there go my baby ,Ouee Kelsey I found some more baby pictures of Mia imma have to show you when I get them out."

"Maaaaaa , you need to stop" Mia walked up shaking her head .

Almost everytime kelsey came over Mia's house mama d had more pictures to show me of her , and they were funny . I can say Mia was a very outgoing child .

Mama d shook her head laughing "im sorry baby I'll leave yall be ."

Mamas d walked alway leaving Kelsey and Mia alone but on cue Sam walked back up.

"Sam you was gone for a good minute, was it a lot of people in the line?"mia asked sitting back down.

Sam shook her head digging in her food while taking a seat at the table "girl this pasta so good , and no it wasn't I was talking to your neighbor".

Kelsey nodded agreeing about the pasta since that was the first thing she cleared off her plate.

"Oh yea Kelsey how'd the date go you never told us ?"sam asked

"Yup that and what happened when you went to harlem place?" Mia questioned leaning up in her. Seat .

"How you- pause , you went to Harlem house?" Sam cut Kelsey off dropping her fork

Mia nodded her head laughing "she in fact did , I checked her lo you know I check yall stuff in the morning, evening, and night and she was at Harlem like 2 days ago i think ."

"Why you even checking our lo that much you that bored ?"sam laughed shaking her head .

"It's for safety- girl shut up why you check that boy lo that much ? You that bored ? . Anyway Kelsey ."Mia looked at Kelsey waiting for her answer .

Kelsey laughed at how nosey her friends were but that's why she love em the way she do "the date went good that it turned into watching a movie and chilling date he planned for tonight actually"

"And for Harlem I came to get my stuff and he basically told me that he broke up with me because he got her pregnant and he would've kept it a secret that he cheated if he didn't and that he felt bad blaza blaza"Kelsey waved her hand .

Kelsey was good at hiding her pain. Atleast that's what she thought , but her friends knew she was hurt since she'd always talk about how her and Harlem first baby was gone be a girl and now  he's sharing that moment with another woman which caved her chest in at the thought of it .

"Kelsey it's okay to be feeling any type of emotion you feeling sad, angry shit you might be both but don't front infront of us me and everybody at this table know your hurt."Mia spoke up .

                                                                      IAMMMK

                                                                      IAMMMK.ELSEY
   -closefriends-

Kelsey and Dakota sat in the living room playing a "get to know me" game Kelsey created

Dakota pulled a paper out the jar opening it taking a few seconds to read it before laughing "see no whats the question because why you laughing."

"Chill it's not nothing bad, it's just do you think you'll ever get married and at what age?" Dakota read the questions.

"I'm not really sure if I want to get married, honestly love and commitment all together scares but if I were to it'll be around 35 or 36 really anything close to 40"Kelsey shrugged .

"Understandable. but why you scared of love and commitment?"dakota questioned.

"Maybe because you'll never truly know who that person is until you hooked and in love, it doesn't Matter how much they say they love you they will still go against trust, loyalty, and the vows yall created, but the crazy thing is you would've never expected it from them that's why it's so scary."Kelsey shook her head

"Real shit tho love is scary tho that shit make you do anything, will drive you crazy to if you let it."Dakota responded.

"Welp enough of that we finna watch love and basketball, I still can't believe you haven't watched it , bru it's literally top tier" Kelsey got up from the floor and sat on the couch along with Dakota .

"We finna see and if it's ass you won't be choosing another movie"

The rest of the night ended with them watching movies till 4:30 in the morning.