Chapter 24 - Dean Punches Zander

**** Dean's Point of View - One Week Later ****

Dean was making his way across campus through the crowded courtyard, when his phone dinged with a text. It was from Berkley.

'Hey, can we meet up for dinner later? There's something important I really need to talk to you about.'

He was just about to text her back when he heard a familiar voice.

He looked up to see Zander standing there in his coast guard uniform, with a bunch of other guys wearing the same thing. They were all talking loud and laughing, but Zander was the loudest and most obnoxious. Just hearing his voice was like nails on a chalkboard, making Dean cringe.

Zander looked over and noticed Dean standing there and a slight smile appeared on his face before he turned back to his friends and announced loudly, "Yeah, you guys should've heard Berkley squealing like a pig last night when I was pounding into her. I'm surprised nobody called the police on us, thinking she was being murdered," he laughed. "Oh Zander! You're the best I've ever had!" he shouted, as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes, moaning loudly, imitating the way she sounded as his friends busted out laughing.

Dean's eyes narrowed as his hands tightened into fists at his sides. He had let it slide that time Zander disrespected Berkley in class because he had made her a promise, but this time he had gone too far. He stalked towards him, dropping his backpack onto the ground as he went, getting ready to kick his ass.

With a smug expression Zander looked over at him and asked, "Yes? Can I help you with something?"

"You had sex with Berkley?" Dean asked forcefully, shoving him in the chest.

"Whoa buddy. Calm down," Zander laughed, looking over at his friends before looking back at Dean, shrugging and saying with a cocky smirk, "Sorry man. I'm not one to kiss and tell."

"Because you're too much of a gentleman?" Dean scoffed. "We both know that's bullshit, so tell me the fucking truth! Did you have sex with her?!" he shouted.

Zander gave him a hint of a smile. "Yeah. Maybe I did. What's it to you? It's not like she's your girlfriend. She's free to fuck whoever the hell she wants."

"What's it to me?" Dean repeated with raised eyebrows, shocked at the audacity of this prick. "How about I let my fucking fist explain it to you?!" he shouted, raising his clenched fist up in front of Zander's face.

"Yeah right," Zander laughed, looking around at his friends with an arrogant confidence, like he thought they were going to protect him. "Look, we both know you're just mad that she said I'm the best she's ever had, when the only other man she's ever been with was you. Now THAT'S gotta sting," he said with a smug smile, laughing. "The funny thing is, she didn't even crack my top ten. Honestly, it was pretty forgettable."

Without hesitation, Dean swung his fist forward, connecting it with Zander's jaw, making him stagger sideways and almost fall down. He stood up straight, holding the side of his face and blinking with wide eyes, looking surprised.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM ASSHOLE?!" he shouted. "You can't just go around hitting people like some sort of neanderthal caveman!"

"NOBODY disrespects Berkley in front of me and gets away with it," Dean growled, glaring at him. "ESPECIALLY not an arrogant fucking prick like you that doesn't deserve to even breathe the same air as her. I don't know what the hell she sees in you."

Zander's cocky, arrogant smile slowly returned. "Hmmmm. If I didn't know any better, I'd almost think you were jealous Bradshaw," he said, studying Dean's face. "Awww. You are, aren't you?" he asked with a laugh, looking back at his friends again for a few seconds before turning back to Dean. "I'm sorry to break it to you buddy, I know it's probably a first for you, but Berkley doesn't want you. She said so herself."