Chapter 34 - Epilogue

***** Epilogue *****

After getting married, Berkley and Dean both went to work for their Dads' fishing boat company and it was no surprise to anyone that Dean ended up being a really good businessman, because he was smart and had the charisma and confidence to close a lot of deals, just like his Mom. Berkley didn't help with sales, but focused instead on boat and product design and testing.

Eventually, Berkley's brother Keagan and his wife Hallie moved back to Boston and went to work there too in the marketing/public relations department. It became a family business and over the years, it turned into a huge thriving company that supplied fishing boats and fish products to most of the east coast.

Berkley and Dean bought a big house in Boston right on the beach, close to their families. It had its own boat dock, so they had easy access to take their sailboats out on the ocean whenever they wanted.

They ended up having four children, three little boys and a little girl; James, Cooper, Ryker and Landry. All four of them looked just like Dean, with dark hair, dark blue eyes, and smooth, clear skin that tanned easily in the summer. Berkley wasn't even upset that their kids didn't look like her, because seeing those little miniature versions of Dean made her heart melt and she fell in love with him even more.

And seeing what a good Dad he was made him even more attractive. Even though she hadn't seen Dean around kids very much growing up, she had always known he was going to be a good Dad one day because he had always been so good at taking care of her.

He played sports with their kids, taught them how to fish, helped them with their homework and read them stories at bedtime. He also taught them to love sailing as much as they had growing up, and Berkley taught them to have a healthy fear and respect for the ocean, something she wished she would've had sooner.

Their sons looked and acted a lot like Dean had at their age. They were confident, athletic, independent, curious, smart and didn't seem to be afraid of anything. They were also caring and very protective of their little sister, always watching out for her, just like Keagan and Dean had been with Berkley growing up.

Berkley had fully expected their daughter Landry to be a tomboy, since she had three older brothers that she looked up to, but she actually ended up being the exact opposite. She loved anything that had to do with pink, glitter and princesses and her favorite books were Fancy Nancy.

When she got older, she wanted to do ballet and cheer and was obsessed with fashion. Wearing cute little dresses that twirled when she spun around was her favorite thing in the world. Berkley couldn't help but smile when she thought about how much her Mom would've loved that. She was probably watching down, having a laugh about Berkley having a daughter like that.

After graduating from Boston University, Ember didn't want to move back home to Georgia and decided to buy a house in Boston instead. She ended up becoming a real estate agent and she ate lunch with Berkley a couple times a week and sometimes dragged her out of the house on the weekends for a girl's night out.

Berkley and Dean's kids called her Auntie Ember and they decided to make her their kids' Godmother since she loved them as much as she would have if they were her own. Plus, she was the reason why they existed in the first place, since she was the one that finally got Berkley and Dean together after all those years.

Berkley always wondered what would have happened if Ember hadn't intervened and played matchmaker? Would her and Dean have married other people and never fallen in love? Would she have been stuck in some loveless marriage and been miserable? Who knows. She was just glad she'd never have to find out.

Ember never did settle down, get married or have any kids of her own. She did get engaged a couple of times, but in the end, she decided she enjoyed the single life and having her freedom too much. Being a wife and a mother isn't for everybody and her parents gave her a hard time about that, but Berkley and Dean never did.