Chapter 17 - Dancing with Dean

"What do you mean, we're leaving?" Berkley asked, trying to pull her arm away from his tight grip on it. "We just got here."

"Yeah and now we're JUST leaving," Dean grumbled, pulling her through the crowded dance floor.

"No, I'm not ready to leave yet!" she protested, pulling back. "I'm having fun."

Dean turned to face her. "It doesn't matter. I have to get you out of here before you do something stupid you're gonna regret tomorrow. You were practically just fucking a stranger on the dance floor!"

She scoffed. "Well I could say the same thing about you! That woman was just grinding her ass all over your crotch! Oh, but wait. Let me guess. It's different when YOU do it? Right?" she shouted angrily before crossing her arms over her chest and glaring up at him.

Dean scrunched his eyebrows. "No, I'm not saying that," he said defensively, shaking his head. He ran his hands over his face and up through his hair before letting out an exhale and dropping them. He looked down into her eyes, thinking for a few seconds before saying, "I honestly didn't even wanna do that shit. She had just started grinding her ass on me right before you looked and then I backed up and got away from her right after that."

"Why'd you do that?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "She was hot as hell."

"I don't know," he shrugged, looking down at the ground and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "It just didn't feel right. I wasn't enjoying it."

She scoffed. "Well I was enjoying my dance just fine until YOU had to ruin it," she grumbled, letting out a frustrated exhale and turning her head away from him with her arms still crossed across her chest.

He was silent for a few seconds before saying, "C'mon Berk. I'm sorry. I just couldn't stand seeing that asshole with his hands all over you."

She wasn't sure if he was being protective or jealous. She took a deep breath in and let it out, before finally turning her head back to look over at him. He looked even more handsome than he normally did in that button up shirt and suit jacket, and in the dim lighting of the club, his square jawline was even more prominent. Ugh. Why did he have to be so freakin' handsome? It made it so much harder to stay mad at him, especially when she was drunk.

"Well I want to dance some more, so unless you want to volunteer to dance with me yourself Dean Bradshaw, then I'm gonna go back out there and dance with that guy again."

He scrunched his eyebrows.

"Is that what you're gonna keep doing from now on to get your way? Threaten that if I don't do things with you, you're gonna go do them with another guy?"

"I don't know," she said, shrugging her shoulders. "That depends. Are you gonna keep stopping me from doing what I want to with other guys?"

He looked down at the ground, fighting back a smile. Then he raised his head and looked at her, giving her the hint of a flirty smirk as he said, "Maybe."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, punching his arm.

"C'mon asshole. Just dance with me yourself then," she smiled.

His eyes looked into hers and then he let out an exhale before reluctantly saying, "Okay. Fine. I guess I'll dance with you."

She couldn't help but smile victoriously. She had always been able to get her way with him ever since they were kids.

He took her hand and lead the way back out onto the dark, crowded dance floor that was packed full of drunk people that were smiling, laughing and having a good time dancing. Some were dancing in groups and some were couples that were drunk as hell, grinding on each other. Whoopty by CJ was playing and the bass was so loud that she could feel it in her bones.