Chapter 3 - The Lambda Chi Alpha Party

"I can't believe I let you talk me into wearing this. My boobs are a centimetre away from popping out and it's so short I'm sure I'm gonna show my ass and hooha to the whole party," she said, pulling on the hem of the dress as they walked across campus towards the party.

The only reason Berkley had agreed to wearing that skimpy dress and letting Ember give her a makeover was because she had been feeling guilty lately about not putting more effort into her appearance back when her Mom had begged her to. She was thinking it would've made her proud if she was here, but now that she was actually wearing the dress, she was regretting it.

"What the hell was I thinking? I in look like a fucking lumberjack in drag trying to walk in these damn heels," Berkley grumbled.

"No you don't! Not even close." Ember laughed. "You look sexy as hell. I still can't believe how big your boobs are. You were hiding them under those big baggy sweatshirts, but now they're free!"

Berkley couldn't hold back the urge to roll her eyes.

"Yeah a little TOO free. I think you're trying to get me arrested for indecent exposure tonight," she laughed, trying in vain to pull up the chest of the dress so her cleavage wasn't on full display, but it wouldn't budge.

"Highly doubtful. Have you seen the way most women on this campus dress? You'll fit right in. But the way you're looking, you are definitely getting laid tonight," Ember said, bumping her shoulder against Berkley's and giving her a smile and a wink.

Berkley laughed. "Well considering I've never been laid in my entire life, I highly doubt it."

"What?!" Ember gasped, raising her eyebrows. "You're still a virgin? But earlier, I thought you said you used to have a boyfriend?"

"I did. All we ever did was make out and dry hump each other with our clothes on. I mean he wanted to do it but I just didn't feel like he was worthy of my first time. You know? As Dean put it, he was a bit of a douche nozzle."

"Well what does a guy need to do to be worthy of your first time?"

"I don't know," Berkley shrugged, letting out an exhale. "I really liked Blake, I mean, until I caught him half-naked, making out with Skye Evans in his car, but it felt like there was always something holding me back from going all the way with him. I just think my first time should be with somebody that's really special. I don't want to have any regrets."

"Yeah that makes sense," she nodded. "I've got plenty of regrets. My first time was sophomore year of high school and I was fifteen. This hot Senior guy I had a massive crush on was at my friend's party and we were all drinking and playing seven minutes in heaven. They spun the bottle and it picked for me and him to go in the closet and we started making out and the next thing I know he's putting on a condom. It literally lasted a minute. After it was over he acted like nothing even happened and he didn't even look at me when I passed him in the halls at school. It was horrible."

Berkley's face scrunched up and she shook her head in disgust that a guy would do that to her.

"I'm so sorry Ember. That's awful. See that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I'm not a romantic softie or anything, but I don't want my first time to be with an asshole like that. I would end up with assault charges," she laughed.

She thought about it as they walked in silence before finally saying, "Honestly, the truth is, I feel like I'm ready for that next step. I REALLY want to do it, to know what having sex with a man feels like, but ....... I'm scared."

"Scared of what?" Ember asked.

"The whole thing. The thought of putting myself out there, making myself vulnerable enough to get completely naked in front of a guy and having sex with him ...... that seriously terrifies me. Plus it gets all complicated, trying to find a guy that genuinely  likes me and won't cheat and trying to get him to fall in love with me while I'm trying to fall in love with him. It's all just too much. I just want to experience sex without all that bullshit that comes with it."