55

The atmosphere on the way back was somewhat silent.

To be fair, the quest was rewarding enough: books, scrolls, and even a few complete demon corpses, and considering their efforts, some of the ordinary disarming scrolls were worth the price, almost free.

But in a sense, it is also a heavy loss.

After all, it's always more frustrating to gain and lose than to never get it.

"I knew this was going to happen," Betty muttered dejectedly, "I should have left nothing at all just now, and I took it down and looked twice."

"Forget it," her roommate persuaded a little more open-minded, "as if you hadn't seen anything—amnestics, well, clear!"

Betty: "But that's the Void Lord's beak..."

Eunice was also depressed: "Don't say it, don't say it, I also saw the branch fin of the abyssal whale - I had only seen the specimen once in the teacher's storehouse before."

They looked at each other: "Ah.

Compared to the frustrated apprentice of the dark arts, Susie, who also witnessed the entire library collection disappearing in front of her eyes, was much more peaceful.

As the apprentices carried the rest of their harvest out of the nest while reminiscing about the materials they could no longer reach, she picked up the books that had been set aside and flipped through them cursoryly. The apprentice didn't have time to stop her, and watched as she opened the book.

Then, nothing happened.

A magician's spellbook is written in a special way, often containing energy and will, depending on the strength of the spell recorded on it.

A joke similar to "the country boy accidentally got a legendary spell book and turned into an archmage" is impossible to happen, and the only one who can understand legendary magic is another legendary mage. The consequence of peeping into a spell book beyond one's own ability without permission is not only that it cannot be understood, but that the majestic information can shatter the reader's sea of knowledge in an instant.

However, this theorem did not work for Susie.

Susie doesn't, or doesn't have magic skills now, and the contents of the spell book are basically the same as gibberish to her. But she still insisted on turning it through from beginning to end.

[You have successfully collected the full text of "Darwin's Spell Transcript (3)" [Rubbing]! 】

Susie paused for two seconds at the familiar name before closing the pop-up window and picking up another one.

You don't need to read every word, just flip through the entire book from beginning to end, and the library will automatically record it. Susie quickly obtained a complete set of spell notes, numbered from one to thirteen, with the last one numbered fifteen, two research notes, and an unfinished Monograph.

"Maybe—" she muttered, "I can actually rebuild a library."

Raphael stepped forward and reached out to brush away the glass shards on the remaining intact bookshelf: "Then take it back."

【Silver pine bookshelf [☆]

Description: A well-made vertical bookcase with constant magic to ensure that the books stored in it are not damaged by time, insects, and most unexpected circumstances. But it's just a bookshelf, and if attacked, it can be destroyed as well. 】

Isaiah, the apprentice of the undead, was thrilled to see Susie finish all the books and be unharmed. He snuck up and picked up the thinnest spell book, discreetly flipped open the cover, and glanced at it.