2.

-

Sitting in class, Robin mind wondered back to the conversation she had earlier with James.

It was true what he said. Nobody cared. They never properly searched. She was only twelve at the time, but every day she visited the police station, always asking if they had caught the person who murdered her parents.

Everyone always told her no and to go away and that they would call her grandmother.

Robin remembered it clearly what happened that night.

It was a normal Friday night. James was put to bed early, and Robin got to stay up an hour later than usual.

She remembered that she was in the living room on the floor, laying on her stomach, in her pajamas.

The tv was on, and her dad was watching TV while lying on the couch , almost dozing off.

Her mom was in the kitchen cleaning the mess from earlier. She remembered that she had to use the bathroom, so she went and used it.

She was only gone for a minute before she returned. She had paused when she walked past the kitchen.

There was blood, lots of blood, but that's not what caught her attention. It was the body lying on the floor.

It was her mom. She remembered jumping in fright as she heard crashing sounds coming from the living room.

She had rushed to see what was going on and to tell her dad that mom was on the floor bleeding.

She remembered seeing her dad fighting with a man. "Daddy!"

"Robin, go to your brothers room and call for help!" Her dad shouted

Robin remembered running to James room , grabbing the house phone as she did so.

She had called the cops but it didn't matter. Her parents were dead, and they never caught who did it.

Billy, who sat beside Robin during class, noticed the look on her face.

He nudged her foot with his, and she turned to look at him. He leaned forward a bit.

"You okay?" He whispered, and Robin nodded with a small smile, "Yeah."

"You sure? You look a little pale. Are you sick?" He questioned , there was a hint of worry in his voice.

"I'm fine, Billy. I'm just a bit tired, that's all." Robin replied, but Billy didn't look convinced at all.

"Mr. Loomis and Ms. Samuel's, is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class?" Their teacher, crossing her arms, smugly looking at them.

"As a matter of fact, yes, there is," Billy spoke up as he stood up, "your class sucks, you suck and I'm taking Ms. Samuel's," he mocked

"To the nurse office." He finished, reaching his hand out and grabbing Robin's wrist and pulling her up.

"Mr. Loomis! I did not give you permission to leave my classroom!" The teacher yelled after them.

Billy ignored the teacher as he and Robin walked out of the classroom.

"Billy, I told you, I'm fine." Robin said, and Billy sighed ,"Yeah? Well, I call bullshit. Your skin is paler than usual, and your voice sounds a little hoarse."

"So, stop being stubborn and let me take you to the nurse office."

Robin sighed, "You worry too much about us, Billy."

By us, she meant her and Stu. Billy always worries about them.

He loves them both, and he hated seeing either one of them sick or hurt.