10.

-

It was James birthday. He was fifteen years old now, older than Ben. Only for a month before Ben turned fifteen.

Usually, his birthdays were normal, but someone had decided to die a day before his birthday.

Now, all everyone talked about was Casey becker and Steven orth deaths.

His own sister forgot his birthday, and he was pretty upset about it.

James arrived at school like usual. "Have a good day at school." Robin told him, but James ignored her.

He walked into school and headed to his locker.

Did he even have a right to be upset? Two people did get murdered.

James sighed and opened his locker only to get a face full of confetti.

A familiar laughter rang out, and he rolled his eyes, turning to face Ben, but his annoyance went away as he saw Gretchen standing next to Ben with a cupcake in her hand.

"Happy fifteen birthday, James! We would've brought a candle, actually we did, but Mr. Turner took it from us." Gretchen told him, handing him the cupcake.

James smiled, accepting the cupcake. "It's chocolate, your favorite." James blushed a bit, happy that Gretchen remembered what his favorite cupcake is.

"Hey, be grateful, we wasted $ 1. 99 cents on that." Ben told him, leaning against the locker in what he called a cool way.

"Which by the way you stole from Billy." Gretchen told him and Ben tsk ,"Well, he owed me."

"Thanks, guys."

🥀

-

Robin sat next to Randy outside by the water fountain. She spotted James with Gretchen and Ben. They were over with a couple of their friends. Other freshman.

"Did they ask you guys if you liked to hunt?" Stu suddenly questioned, throwing a grape in his mouth

"Yeah. They did." Billy replied, sitting up a bit.

"Why would they ask if you liked to hunt?" Tatum questioned

"Because their bodies were gutted." Randy answered

"Thank you, Randy." Billy sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes.

"They didn't ask me if I liked to hunt." Tatum said

"Because there's is no way a girl could've killed them." Stu told her, and she rolled her eyes.

"That's so sexist. The killer could be easily female. basic instinct." Tatum said