15.

-

Robin couldn't sleep at all during the night worried about her little brother. She wondered who wanted to kill James, and she wanted to know why.

James was a little shit but it wasn't enough to kill him over yet. She sighed and stood up from the bed, walking out of the guest room.

She quietly walked over to Stu's room, the door was wide open, and there was a bit of light coming from the lamp.

Stu and Billy were awake, quietly whispering to each other.

"Do you guys have any idea who it might be?" Robin quietly questioned as she walked into the room and towards Stu's bed where both boys were sitting on.

"Thought you were sleeping." Billy said, and Robin sighed as she got comfortable on the bed, sitting crisscross.

"Can't sleep." Robin mumbled in reply, "we've been trying to figure out who might have a grudge against the kids, but we can't think of anyone," Stu told her,

"The kids might be little shits but I don't think anyone could go as far as trying to kill them for something they said," Stu added

"Well, Gretchen is an angel, I don't think she would hurt a fly." He said, and Billy sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Maybe it isn't someone holding a grudge against the kids. Maybe it's us." Billy said, his eyes glancing between Robin and Stu.

"It could be literally anyone. How do we tell who it is?" Robin asked, looking at Billy.

"That's the problem, I don't know." Billy answered, and Stu scratched the side of his head, clearing his throat.

"Um, I have an idea, and I don't really like it, but maybe we can catch the killer, but I think it's a very bad idea and -" Stu was cut off by Billy.

"Stu, just tell us." Billy told him, and Stu sighed.

"We use the kids as bait and kill the killer when they show up," Stu said, "I know horrible idea, and I don't like to put the kids in danger but-" once again Stu was cut off.

"I think that's a good idea," Billy said, nodding his head as he thought about it,"it could be the only way of catching this guy."

"That would be putting the kids in danger." Robin spoke up, and Billy sighed.

"Yeah, I know, and I don't want to put the kids in danger either, but we're gonna be right there, and we won't let anything happen to them, I won't let anything happen to them." Billy promised,

Robin sighed, "we need to talk to the kids first and decide, they should decide."

"We'll talk to them in the morning," Billy said, "We should get some sleep."

"I can't extacly sleep." Robin mumbled, and Stu sighed ,"me neither."

"Well, I'm tired, so move over." Stu scooted to the middle of the bed, and Billy laid down,

"Just lay down, both of you." Doing as Billy told them, Stu and Robin laid down.

Billy was close to the door, Stu was in the middle, and Robin was closed to the window.

Billy wrapped his arms around them both, "Just go to sleep. We can worry tomorrow." He mumbled

"Billy, I think I forgot to take my medication, I should probably take it. Yeah, I'm gonna go take it." Stu said, going under Billy's arm and standing up and walking out of the room before Billy could say anything.

"Seriously?" Billy mumbled, sitting up, and Robin looked over at the clock. It was only 11 p.m.

Gretchen appeared in the doorway, holding her pillow close to her and a blanket in the other.

She wore pink pajamas pants with an old worn-out AC/DC t-shirt that reached her knees. It was probably one of stu's old shirts.

"Where's stu?" She questioned, "downstairs taking his medication. Did you take your medication, or did you forget to?" Billy asked as Gretchen walked further into the room.

"I always take it. Mom doesn't like it when I'm off my medication." Gretchen mumbled, placing her pillow on the floor,

Billy stood up, "Take the bed with Robin." Gretchen looked at him ,"I'm okay on the floor."

Billy gave her a look before he picked up her pillow and tossed it on the bed. "I wasn't asking you, Gretchen."

Stu walked back into the room, smiling at he spotted Gretchen. "Can't sleep?"

Gretchen smiled at him, shaking her head. "No, Ben and James snore too loud. Is it okay that I sleep here?"

Stu nodded ,"Yeah, just take the bed with Robin."

Billy took two pillows before tossing them on the floor, "That's what I told her."

Gretchen was soon settled in the bed and soon fell asleep next to Robin.

Billy and Stu laid on the floor, stu cuddled up to Billy resting his head on his chest.

Billy interlocked one of his hands with Stu's, letting out a small sigh.

Robin's eyes slowly closed, and soon, she was asleep.

🥀

Word count - 839

Hope you enjoyed!