Seven

"No, I came because I want to become a member of the student council"

Perseus bursts out in laughter making some of the student council members do the same.

While Dante lets out a sigh, Lucius seems to be the only one taking you seriously as he speaks up.

"I don't mind, but there are requirements for joining the council"

Your eyes widens in happiness while Persues is shocked.

"Are kidding me, Lucius? Since when did we allow anyone who is not light or dark academia into the council?!" 

Lucius ignores Perseus and focuses his gaze on you as he starts to state the conditions.

"First condition, you have to be one of the top five in school"

You gulp, but you nod at him, remembering that you were from the tops back in middle school.

"Second condition, one of your parents has to have been a member of the council and also belonged to one the dark or light academia sections"

"My father is Atticus (L/n)"

Lucius doesn't seem surprised at all, as if he knew all along.

"I know"

"The third condition is that you have to make your parents make donations to the school" 

This is going to be hard, like how are you going to convince your father to do that without telling him about you wanting to join the council.

Guess, you will have to write to your mother about it.

"The last condition is that you write an essay about why you want to join"

"Is that all?" you ask, excited to leave.

"Yes"

You turn to Perseus and with a cold look.

"The two slaps you gave to me will be returned trice"

After threatening the spoiled boy, you walk out of the room.

"What a rude girl" Lance, a dark academia student, states in a cold voice.

"She is not" Dante defends you "Did you slap her?"

"Naive? She is beyond stupid" Perseus insults.

"Perseus answer Dante's question" Lucius orders. 

The room goes silent, leaving Perseus to speak the truth.

"Yes, I did but she insulted me-"

"Since when did we punish girls by hitting them?" 

"But if I have let her off, the school would have disrespected us" Perseus tries to explain, but Lucius doesn't care.

"One of the rules is to never hit a woman, because..." Lucius says, waiting for Perseus to continue it.

"Because that is not a gentleman's behaviour"

"Good, now you will get punished" Lucius smiles and turns towards Dante.

"Bring me the whip, Dante"