Twelve

"Are you mad?"

"Not as mad as your student council members"

You exclaim at Dante as both of you stand in the middle of the dorm, the door is locked so no one hears the argument or barges in without permission.

"Well, I wish you good luck on entering the council now, you left a good impression"

You let out a 'hmph' sound of annoyance.

"After knowing what happens behind those doors of that council, I won't enter it"

"I understand why you feel that way, but it is insane that your council mates whip students as a punishment or throw cold water at them"

Dante looks surprised.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

You take a deep breath and explain the events that unfolded during your meeting with the student council. Dante listens silently, taking in every detail.

"That's... horrible," he says finally. "I had no idea it was that bad. I'm sorry you had to go through that."

You nod, feeling a sense of validation for what you experienced.

Dante keeps on pretending that he had no idea of such horrible tactics of punishment.

"I'm still not going to join the student council, though," you say firmly.

Dante nods in understanding.

"I get it. You've been through a lot, and you deserve to make choices for yourself. I'll support whatever decision you make."

"Also, I didn't know that the council uses those  punishments, actually, Lucius only chose two council members to carry out any punishment with him"

You frown, trying to detect any sign of lying, but you found nothing at all.

Dante hugs you tightly, as he leans in close to your ear.

"Do you think that I will ever inflict pain on others?"

"I don't know you enough to judge"

Dante smirks, grabbing your head so you don't turn your face to stare at him.

"Your words break my heart, I thought that sleeping in the same dorm..."

He stops for a moment, causing you to feel anticipation about the continuation of his sentence.

"...would make us understand each other more like a husband and a wife"

You lower your head and give him a look that screams 'Are you being for real now?'

"I'll look out for you from now on," he says with a sense of calm authority, as if it is a matter of fact that you should accept without question.

"I don't need you to look after me, there is nothing to be afraid of, they won't kill me"

"It's not that, you see everyone has connections and does crazy stuff inside of this school"

The way Dante phrased those words made you realize that there is something big going on in this school.

And not only that but the student council gets away with it and no one dares to challenge them.

Even if you do join them...it won't change anything.

"What type of crazy stuff?"

When he keeps silent,  you know at this moment that you need to leave this school and Dante is a liar, he knows about the punishments the student council gives others.

And those punishments are the last ones on the list.

So, what are the ones on top of the list?

You don't wish to wait and find out, you are going straight to the police situation to report everything.

Dante looked at you with concern.

"Is everything alright?" he asked. "You seem tired. What are you thinking about?"

You paused for a moment, considering how to respond.

"I'm just ready for bed," you finally said, hoping to end the conversation and head to sleep. "Goodnight, Dante."

The said boy grabs your arm to stop you, before suddenly grabbing you by the jaw.

"The boy grabs your arm and pulls you to a stop. Before you can react, he clamps his hand on your jaw, preventing you from speaking or screaming.

"If you report this to the police, nothing will happen," he warns. "But the student council will inform the three elites, and you will face repercussions."

"The three elites?"

"The seniors, Thesues Montgomery, Maximilian Kensington, and Genevieve Montgomery"

You stay quiet for a moment before speaking again.

"They are not like Jeffrey Epstein, right?