4. Jhalak

Abhiveer's POV~

As the morning of Karva Chauth arrived, the Raj Haveli echoed with the ongoing motion in preparation for the articles that were to go to the Mata mandir.

Flashback~ yesterday's dinner.

When it came to serving food, the family has always preferred the daughters-in-law. The food made by them had always been liked by all. As for the other responsibilities, they were divided among the Royal workers.

Mamma and Chachi sa started serving dinner.

This time when I entered the dining hall there wasn't anywhere silence like the day before.

My siblings were as usual bickering and fighting with their healthy words. And the gossip of them was as lively as they should be.

In the middle of all the chaos, Dadi sa said gaining my attention,

"Abhiveer, kal Karva Chauth h aur hum chahte h ki aap bhi humare sath mandir chale. Kuch saman h jo Mandir puchne h. Aur hum chate h vo apke hatho se gye."

(Abhiveer it's Karva Chauth tomorrow and I would like it if you would come with us. There are a few items we have to get to the temple. And I want those to go by you.)

"Ji, Dadi Sa," I replied.
(Ok, Grandmother.)

Present~

As I descend the steps connecting to the living room. The chaos of this morning was not something that could be seen daily in the Raj haveli.

Today everyone was skipping breakfast as the ladies had their fast and the gents didn't want to trouble them.

While the gents were also on fast they didn't let their wifes know.

As for me and my siblings, we have decided we would pick our meals on our way to college and the office.

"Abhiveer," Dadi called.

"Jii," I replied walking closer.
(Yes?)

"Ye sindoor ki thaal aap pandit ji ko dijiye ga aapne haatho se." Dadi said, indicating the vermilion plate in the hands of the worker standing nearby.

(You have to get this vermilion plate to the priest.)

"Jii. Jaisa aap kahe." I said taking the plate from the worker.
(Ok. As you say.)

The articles which were to be taken to the temple were placed securely in a big car by the workers.

Except for the vermilion plate which was with me.

The Royal Guards clad in black suits with their earpieces and royal batches, stand attentively near the cars.

There was a total of three family cars while in the rest of the SUVs, the royal guards were going.

Dadu da and Dadi sa had their one. Our parents were in another. My father always preferred to drive himself whenever he could.

And we siblings had one. We had decided we would drop the youngers to their college on our way to the office.

As our pack of cars ran through the road the people walking on sidewalks bowed and waved in respect while the cars cleared our way once they noticed the royal batch in front of the cars.

I turn the corner slowly before coming to a stop in front of the temple entrance.

My eyes survey the people standing on the sideways. Until they stop at a stall at the far corner.