Prologue

Only the prologue belongs to the third party pov -the author's pov- while the rest of the story is in their respective povs or roles with a bit of authors pov here and there to get a better view of the story... _

A girl was leaning over a half-bleeding man in the middle of nowhere. They were far enough for the heat of the car -turned and erupting fire- to reach them but the scene was horrifying.

The girl who was on her way back to her home didn't know she would encounter such an event.

She was too much indulged in the books of her college library, she wasn't able to keep track of the time. And only as the volunteer of the day reached her, she found it was already past 8:00 pm.

It was as if the universe itself was delaying her. But for what, she didn't know.

A deep groan escaped the man. His face was covered with his blood.

The smoke escaping from the erupting fire of the car emerged with the higher fog of the late December period.

The scene itself could bring shivers to a said person. And how bravely she was trying to handle the situation.

"Hey," she whispered as if scared it would hurt the man.

And the man could only groan in response. The sound of the Uber-running engine roars to life in the deep of the night.

"Please help me, uncle." The girl begged the driver.

The driver seemed hesitant for a moment.

He didn't want to have any connection to this accident and he was afraid it would involve the police. He just wanted to stay away from what was happening.

But he also didn't want to leave a girl in the middle of nowhere with a man who was barely breathing.

The driver was suffering between the two choices.

Her next words were,

"Uncle can't even help us. He...is breathing...heavily. Please uncle...please, help me. App ek marte hue insan ki madat bhi...nhi kar sakte kya. Dekho na...bhut khoon nikal rha h..." she was saying between her sobs.

(Can't you help...a dying man. Look how much...blood is flowing.)

She had made up her mind that she would help this man. She won't let another soul suffer.

She wasn't going to let some parents somewhere unknown of their son's life suffer the loss of a precious person who was their son.

After some moments of hesitation, the driver finally came forward to help the girl and the bleeding man.

With each other's help, they carried the bleeding man to the car. The girl laid the man's head on her lap and whispered when she saw the man's eyelid fluttering.

"Hey, we will soon reach the hospital. Stay with us." She softly whispered, patting the man's cheek.

The man slowly tried to open his eyes but because of the weakness he had suffered due to the blood loss, his eyes started to close off.

And his eyelids dropped back down. But not before getting a glimpse of the girl holding him. Her angelic beauty and innocence shone through her big doe eyes. And that sweet little voice of her. He had a glimpse of all.

And that was something he won't ever forget. He was sure of that in his moments of consciousness.

The girl was continuously talking in an attempt to keep the man awake on their way to the hospital.

"Uncle please jaldi chalaiye na."

(Please drive fast, Uncle)

The girl was babbling anything in the meantime to attract the man's attention. About her. How her day was. Her cute fights and bickering with her brothers.

Anything she could find at the moment.

And she wasn't even aware of what she was babbling, all she wanted was to keep the man conscious.

She thought she wasn't succeeding because there wasn't any response from the man's side, which brought tears to her eyes.

But she didn't know that the man was going to remember as much as he could of this moment for the rest of his life. Her babbling even.

She didn't know what it was but she didn't want to leave the man in this state.

And that moment heaven created a bond between them they weren't aware of.

When they reached the hospital, with the help of other nurses and doctors they carried him to the stretcher.

And in the meantime from the entrance to the ICU, she didn't give up on her hold to the man's hand. The hand she was clustering tightly.

Soon their hands were set apart in an attempt to carry the man deep into the ICU room. She stood frozen in front of the closed door of the ICU.

She watched as the red light at the top of the door flickered on. The only prayer on her lips was to keep the man safe and healthy.

After a long time of standing at the same stop, she finally moved to the available seat in the corner of the corridor.

Her head hit the wall and she closed her eyes. The sound of footsteps soon later reached her. Hurrying in her direction.

"Ma'am, you need to come to the reception with me." A nurse came in front of her, blocking her sight to the hurrying sounds and footsteps.

She nodded a little in response and followed the nurse.

"Ma'am, are you family? It has to be filled by the family." The receptionist questioned.

She was about to say that she wasn't when shouts from the ICU direction sounded.

No one could understand what was happening. A nurse came running,

"The patient's family's here. They are asking for the director."

"What?"

The nurse whispered to the receptionist which could not be heard by the girl.

"Om my god!" The receptionist quickly moved to dial to the director's cabin.

The tired girl finally gained a small smile knowing that he finally had his own with him in such a moment.

She didn't want to but she had to leave as her family would be worrying for her because she was already late.

With a last glance towards the closed doors of the ICU -The corridor which was deserted before was now filled with suit-clad men- She left.

Unknown to the bond they had created. Unaware of the belongings she was leaving.

________
Welcome to this journey! Heio!💞

Starlit, don't forgot to Like and comment.👇🏻 It encourages me to continue writing.❤️🤗