17. Smile

Abhiveer's POV~

The weight on my back forced me to the ground.

"Stay down." A deep voice commanded and I knew it was Demitri.

And the next second, I had my gun in my hand and I looked around for a sign of the sniper who shot at us.

"45° west." Reyansh said. He had his body shielded by a black SUV.

And I found it. The sniper who had his rifle targeted on Reyansh. And also Reyansh,

who was clustering his left upper arm from where the blood was zoning out.

My eyes met Reyansh. His gaze holds an underlying threat and rage, a volcano alerting for the coming chaos. The outgoing Reyansh from a minute ago, nowhere to be found.

"There's a sniper, 45° west," Demitri spoke through the radio of his walkie-talkie.

Another shot was fired, shattering the car's glass above my head, causing me to duck my head to protect myself from an injury or a conclusion I might suffer due to it.

'Damn it! I have a wife, I need to get back to.'

I look around to find another sniper behind a brick wall.

'We are in the middle of nowhere, for fucks sake!' I thought sarcastically.

The sniper turned his rifle to Reyansh. And from his position, I can say the sniper had Reyansh's head in the direct line of the target from where he was taking his cover.

Why is everyone behind my brother today?

With not much time to alert the men as the sniper was ready, I jumped on my brother causing him to fall flat to the floor and me above him.

And at the same time, pain shoots through my shoulder.

"There's another sniper, move." The Italian don shouted for his man before all hell broke loose.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked my brother, checking for any injury.

"I should ask you that." He motioned towards my shoulder from where the blood was zoning out.

"Na I'm fine," I told him.

"No, you aren't." He said just as another pain shot through my shoulder bone and I lost the grip on my balance and fall forward.

"Abhi?" Taara's sweet and low voice snaps me to the present.

She pulled back from the hug looking concerned,

"You okay?"

"Yah! I'm perfect." I said ignoring the pain in my shoulders.

She looked at me with a concerned gaze. Not accepting my lie I tried to feed her.

"Bhai aap kha the? Phone bhi nhi utha rhe the. Aapko paata h bhabhi kitni pareshan ho rhi thi aapke liye." Rahul said acting as if he was angry.

(Bhai where were you? You weren't even taking your phone. You don't know how worried my sister-in-law was.)

Was she?

"Abh aap bhabhi se agle 1 week Tak baat nahi kar sakte h. Yehi aapki punishment h bhabhi ko itna pareshan aur chinta mein dalne ke liye." Senaya said, placing her hand on Taara's shoulder and distancing her from me.

(Now, you aren't going to talk to her for the next week. Take it as your punishment for worrying her.)

Taara looked like she didn't want to and made a face.