8. Fear

Happy New Year 🎉❤️ everyone

Keeping the phone aside safely on the side table. I sat with my knees folded and hands on my head.

And I screamed.

God! I don't remember anything from last night.

Only I know how I talked with Abhi. Abhi? God! It's all a blur. What did I do? I don't even know how I got here.

Dawai side table mein kaise pauchi ye toh dur ki baat h!

(How did the medicines get to the side table is another story.)

I shouldn't have been this much of an idiot. Ahhh!

I just remember calling him Abhi. My mystery man. And the rest...nothing.

How could I? I shouldn't have listened to that Priya. Priya!

I ran to her room, to find everything misplaced. As soon as she saw me, she came running.

"God! Nainu what did we do?"

"How would I know? I don't remember anything. A blur." I pointed to my head and made an I don't-know-anything face.

"God Nainu, how could you be this relaxed after what we did?"

"Kiya kya h humne Priya?" I was now pissed as I don't remember much.
(What have we done?)

As soon as she recited yesterday, all the blood drained from my face.

I slowly walked to her bed and taking my place, I met her eyes and started crying.

God! No.

I have never regretted my life more than this movement.

Hukum? My Mystery Man?

Abhi? Abhiveer Singh Rathore.

Throne? King?

I hugged him.

I'm gonna die!

At that thought I started crying loudly.

But we abruptly stopped when we heard loud movements from the joining room.

I looked at Priya who also had the same question in her eyes,

Are we gonna die?

Just as the door opened we were ready, ready to face whatever our deeds were about to throw at us.

But Nitin and Vijay came into view, specifically slipped the floor, I released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You okay? I thought Hukum killed you." Just as Nitin completed his sentence I was again a crying fit.

My nose was red. And eyes bloodshot. Just as my own (family, and friends) describe when I cry.

"What?" He said as if he didn't know what he did.

"Shut up! Nitin."

"I still remember his warning," Vijay said as a shudder passed through him and he tightened his hands around his middle.

"What warning?" Priya asked before I could.

Abhiveer, "Stay away from her. If I find any of you," he said, indicating Vijay and Nitin, "anywhere near her. I'll end you before the night passes on."

"And don't let her know what I just said to you."

Vijay shakes his head.

"Saniya?" Nitin asked when he didn't find Her.